Do you concealed carry? What do you carry? (1 Viewer)

I just bought my Glock 30. I am also looking at a Beretta PX4 Storm (9 mm) and the Kahr CM9.

the px4 9mm is one of the smoothest pistols i've fired and i've been considering buying one for a few years now. i wasn't crazy at all about the .40 though.

Just picked up a Bersa Ultra Compact Pro .45. Haven't shot it yet but it has a good weight to it, fixed sights, picitanny rail and small enough to conceal in the caliber I wanted.

i love mine. it has just the right amount of weight to it that i have consistent grouping and still able to wear comfortably. incredible value.

I currently have a CZ 75BD Compact PCR in 9mm but looking for something smaller for CCW. Anyone have any experience with Ruger LC9, Springfield XDS 9, M&P Shield, or a CZ Rami 2075?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I currently have a CZ 75BD Compact PCR in 9mm but looking for something smaller for CCW. Anyone have any experience with Ruger LC9, Springfield XDS 9, M&P Shield, or a CZ Rami 2075?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have some experience with the Ruger, Springfield and the M&P. I did not like the Ruger at all. It left a vibrating feeling in my hand when I was shooting it. The Springfield and the M&P were comparable. I personally like the Springfield, I love the indicators letting me know I'm loaded and cocked just by touch in case I ever need my gun at night.

I have some experience with the Ruger, Springfield and the M&P. I did not like the Ruger at all. It left a vibrating feeling in my hand when I was shooting it. The Springfield and the M&P were comparable. I personally like the Springfield, I love the indicators letting me know I'm loaded and cocked just by touch in case I ever need my gun at night.

Thank you for the info Semper. It's down to the Springfield XDS 9 and Shield 9 but they have both had recalls so I may wait a bit on making a purchase.

I've heard the plastic rails on the PX4 start to wear down after one box of ammo, anyone else heard of this?

I have shot the springfield xds 45. Very small and good quality despite the recall. I consider the xds line a good value.
I've held the xds 9 and it felt about the same size as the 45.
You could probably pocket carry these guns if you wanted.

Fwiw they come with a very nice case.
I think springfield has an xdm 9mm subcompact which could be worth a look.

I can't comment on the shield. I held one but never shot one. I recall it had a laser built in which I foind unnecessary for subcompact.

I'd like to revive this thread instead of starting a new one. I currently use an XDs in 9mm for my carry and my wife has a Sig P238. Depending on what I am doing, I use either a Remora holster or my IWB I just got from http://www.firearmholster.com/.

My wife wants to use a purse and I am somewhat on the fence about that. Thoughts?

I use several guns. I have a revolver in 44 special i carry a lot, my glock 26 also. Most of the time I carry a Sig SAS 938.

I just picked up a Sig P229 yesterday. Brought it straight to a vendor of mine that does a process called Cerakote. I wanted something to represent my time as a Corpsman so he is going to do something special for me. I will post pics when it is done. I also got a Marlin 39A yesterday. That has always been a bucket list gun for me.

I like my .38 S&W Body Guard. It has the laser sighting which is awesome for both increasing accuracy and intimidation. It's small size and hidden hammer, which reduces snagging, make it ideal for safe concealed pocket carry. Revolvers are typically easier as far as upkeep and more reliable if you have neglected your gun for a while.

The only down side is that you dont have a safety, but properly securing the weapon when not on your person alleviates those worries. The trigger is a stiff enough squeeze that you never worry about accidental firing. Some might consider a five shooter as a downside, but if you need more than five, you're probably screwed anyway.

I'd like to revive this thread instead of starting a new one. I currently use an XDs in 9mm for my carry and my wife has a Sig P238. Depending on what I am doing, I use either a Remora holster or my IWB I just got from http://www.firearmholster.com/.

My wife wants to use a purse and I am somewhat on the fence about that. Thoughts?

Do you have small children? Is she the type who might be easily distracted? If ether are yes, I'd vote no on the purse.

I bought a Sig P227 and the gun is great, except for the trigger. I also purchased a Glock 43. That gun is well worth the price!

91920882f62744d3da27a11ccbae0d5e.jpg

2a1cb58a14916036375204f4ba10c9ee.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom