Do you concealed carry? What do you carry? (2 Viewers)

So I never got that Colt Government 1911. I ended up getting a Glock 19 about ten months ago. I've been carrying that OWB, recently switched to IWB using a Kinetic Concealment holster.

I have a 26 and a 27 Glock. 19 is just too big for me to carry IWB.

concealed carry

I carry a sig p250 subcompact.

I carry a Sig P239 and occasionally my P226.

I've been looking hard at snagging one of the newer FNH FNS-9C's

Been carrying the Glock 19 IWB with a nice holster from Kinetic Concealment. It's decent, but it's been slow to get used to. I may just have to join the sub-compact world. IWB is a pain in the flank with a G19. May have to find a smaller Glock or a S&W sub. Even being of average build, it just digs in.

Try a Sig P938. Or maybe a Glock 36 if you can find one.

Depends on the environment/time of year, (clothing) what I am doing/where I am going?

Sig 938 9mm
Bond Arms .45/.410 derringer
Springfield XDS .45

I prefer the later of the 3 90% of the time, but I am not a DA fanboy.

Just picked up a Ruger Suoer Redhawk in 454 Casull. Dont think it will make a very good cc gun lol. This thing has way more recoil than my 500S&W.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So here is a question. What calibers does everyone prefer. Lately I have been going back and forth between .357 Magnum and 9mm. Yesterday I shot a 2 inch phone book with Hornady Critical Defense in .357 and in 9mm just for fun. Both made the same size hole in the front. However in the back the .357 was much more impressive, about 3 times the amount of damage. The gun store that I manage started out because we cnc'ed speedloaders so I always have one on me for my revolver. A lot of times I carry a S&W Model 19 revolver.

Here is a picture of our speedloaders:

5starloader-7.jpg

www.5starfirearms.com if you're interested in one.

So what is your preferred caliber for CC?

I take the same approach to big game hunting that I do for Self-defense. Big bullet with as much punch-though as it can muster. I try to stay away from reloading, if I can and buy off-the-shelf. It is one less thing a lawyer can point at.

I want to cause as much damage as possible with an entrance and exit hole. If I am using that device, my life is in jeopardy and I need to cause the threat to cease and desist a.s.a.p. I use .45 +P in my Kimbers and a more subtle load in my Springfield XDS.

9mm - biggest bullet I can put in. Usually 135-148 gr HP.

No, just a law abiding citizen exercising my 2nd Amendment rights. Convicted crack dealers have forfeited that right. I was thinking of going back into the nursing field and taking an occasional three month overseas security contractor job for some extra yearly family vacation money. Why, are you in the crack dealing business? That's fascinating. Tell me about it?

Ohio, how much did that Sig cost you?

I got it for $350, then dropped another $200 for a Crimson Trace. Couldn't be happier with it.
Dang that's cheap. I realize these posts are a few years old, but I just picked up a Sig P224 a few months ago and it ran $750. Smooth gun, tho. I love it.

That's exactly why I don't own one. Statistics show that I'd be more likely to bury a loved one owning a gun than not.

No, that says more about your lack of ability to properly operate a firearm than anything else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom