Do you concealed carry? What do you carry? (1 Viewer)

I carry a Bersa Thunder ultra compact 9mm. Fits perfect inside the waste band.

No, that says more about your lack of ability to properly operate a firearm than anything else.
And that very well may be, but statistics still report that they're dead. Whether or not they knew what they were doing is irrelevant. The Constitution only says that you have a right to use one. There's nothing in there about training.

And that very well may be, but statistics still report that they're dead. Whether or not they knew what they were doing is irrelevant. The Constitution only says that you have a right to use one. There's nothing in there about training.

It doesn't have to, because any responsible gun owner would KNOW that training is imperative, as well as making sure everyone in their household is aware of the presence of the firearm at minimum, and proper handling of one themselves. Besides, there is a law for all concealed carry permit holders, and one SHALL go through the course given by a licensed instructor in order to legally receive your permit.

I don't think anyone is concerned about responsible gun owners. The issue is with those who are not responsible.

I tried to cc my 460 SW for a while but it kept pulling my pants down.
c731a74edbb54e243cb63b4e39854754.jpg

The two under it are snub nosed 357's to give a comparison.

So here is a question. What calibers does everyone prefer. Lately I have been going back and forth between .357 Magnum and 9mm. Yesterday I shot a 2 inch phone book with Hornady Critical Defense in .357 and in 9mm just for fun. Both made the same size hole in the front. However in the back the .357 was much more impressive, about 3 times the amount of damage. The gun store that I manage started out because we cnc'ed speedloaders so I always have one on me for my revolver. A lot of times I carry a S&W Model 19 revolver.

Here is a picture of our speedloaders:

5starloader-7.jpg

www.5starfirearms.com if you're interested in one.

So what is your preferred caliber for CC?

ballistics-gel640.jpg

As you can see, 9mm SD ammo isn't that far behind 40 and 45. So for me I carry 2 mags with 17 rounds of Remington Golden Sabre +P. One main thing for me is I shoot my 9mm really well versus my 45s. Plus my 45s are full size 1911s.

ballistics-gel640.jpg

As you can see, 9mm SD ammo isn't that far behind 40 and 45. So for me I carry 2 mags with 17 rounds of Remington Golden Sabre +P. One main thing for me is I shoot my 9mm really well versus my 45s. Plus my 45s are full size 1911s.

My buddy who is a world class marksman and a self defense expert recommends the exact same thing. He says the +p 9's are the best cc ammo because u can keep your gun on target after shooting it and it has plenty of stopping power. I've watched him cut a target into like a machine gun. I'm thinking about getting a 9mm sig after talking to him.

My buddy who is a world class marksman and a self defense expert recommends the exact same thing. He says the +p 9's are the best cc ammo because u can keep your gun on target after shooting it and it has plenty of stopping power. I've watched him cut a target into like a machine gun. I'm thinking about getting a 9mm sig after talking to him.

Sigs are my favorite. My P320C and P320F are amazing. As are my P226s, P228 and P229

ballistics-gel640.jpg

I carry my Glock 26 almost every day. I use Federal HST's in it. With modern ammunition you will get the same penetration from almost all of the calibers.

I carry my Glock 23. I've had it for a while and I am comfortable firing it. I have a Sig 226 in 9mm as well as an FN 5.7mm, but both are larger frame firearms. Given I'm 5'6" and weigh about 150 lbs, I don't want a full size firearm for conceal carry. It can be done, but it wouldn't be comfortable for me.

Just picked up a Glock 43 for my edc responsibilities and delegated the Bersa Thunder to the wife. The holster is an iwb Kydex Carbon Fiber black from Concealment express. Very comfortable.
8425c6c03e3206e0fd5966cd9d097cfa.jpg

SW Model 60 .357/38 SS snub, NIB. At FFL Dealer in Metairie, must pass background ck. Excellent CC. Listed at $650, SR discount $625 PM me.

That's my carry gun. I have several of them with and without recessed trigger.

I don't usually concealed carry, but when I do it's a .50 caliber twin-mount. No need to trifle with petty small-arms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom