Do you concealed carry? What do you carry? (1 Viewer)

9mm +P is good for concealed carry. In the graphic, they are comparing 9mm +P to standard .45 load, which is comparing apples to oranges. My experience with CC platforms is that some sub-compact models do not do well with the +P loads, and some come right out and say if you use them, you will void the warranty.

My preference is .45ACP +P out of a 4" barrel. But that is me - my preference. Larger wound channel. Larger holes in and out. I know the round, and I know my platforms. I can hit with it consistently at under 50 yards. Once you take .45ACP to +P standards, you start flirting with 10mm performance, and 10mm outdoes all of those rounds. If I did not have to worry about lawyers and over-ambitious prosecutors, I would use .45colt +P. Less recoil and flip than a .44mag and lower chamber pressures.

.357 sig is an interesting round. I know some guys who swear by it, but I cannot see anything it does that my other calibers cannot do.

Are there any .357 sig guys around who could give me a little more insight?

.357 sig is an interesting round. I know some guys who swear by it, but I cannot see anything it does that my other calibers cannot do.

Are there any .357 sig guys around who could give me a little more insight?

A buddy of mine is an Air Marshal and he loves .357 sig. He does not have to pay for ammo though.

I switched CC about a year ago from a S&W Shield to an HK P30sk. Both in 9mm. The Shield is great and I still have it but I wanted DA/SA.

I originally bought a CZ 75BD compact PCR for CC but that did'nt work out too well. Great pistol though that I shoot the best with.

I love my CZ's. Was shooting the Shadow 2 at work today. Great firearm.

All things considered (cost, size, power, capacity etc), the 9mm plus p is the way to go.

After shooting all calibers, I keep coming back to the 9mm.

Now carrying the ruger 9mm. Decent but I don’t love it.

I just picked up a Glock 19x yesterday. Will be more of an open carry firearm at work than trying to conceal it.

Where do you people live that you feel the need to carry a firearm with you at all times?

I like to use the same logic I use when I'm loading my equipment for a job.

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

When in the right hands, guns save more lives than they take.

My wife just got a Walther Creed and I got an H&K VP9. Neither of us CC but she wants to. She didn't like the feel of the Springfields, S&W Shield, or Glocks. The Walther and Vp9 fit her hands like she wants and the Creed is much easier to pull the slide back. The HK has a stiffer spring.

I have the VP9 and the VP9SK. Love both guns. Somewhere I have a video of me hitting steel plates at 175 yards one handed with my VP9.

Honestly it isn't that hard. At 200 yards with my Glock 26 I was hitting steel on my 5th shot. Just takes a couple shots to see where you're hitting and adjust.

Sig P250 .40.
No conceal carry though. Just in the middle console of my truck.

Shot the 26. Wayyyyyy better than that Ruger LC 9 which I have now put up for sale.
Conceal carry course went well.
Learnt some new stuff.

Interestingly- ref; knives.
You cannot carry a knife concealed in Louisiana. I’ve been doing it for many years illegally. Didn’t know that.

I was told that starting on August 1st automatic knives are now legal in Louisiana. A quick search found this:

Knife Rights’ Louisiana Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill Signed! – Knife Rights

HB 892 repealed the total ban on switchblade knives in Louisiana and allows for the possession of a switchblade knife provided it is not “intentionally concealed on one’s person.” That provision was necessary to gain the neutrality of the Sheriffs and the State Police. Manufacture and sale of automatic knives are also now legal.

Allowing for the concealed carry of a switchblade in Louisiana is complicated because it would require a significant change to Louisiana’s concealed carry law. Knife Rights will continue to look for opportunities to fix this aspect of the law in the future.

WARNING: HB 892 did NOT include Knife Law Preemption which would have nullified all local bans. As such care must still be taken to check to see if a switchblade is legal where you reside or travel. For example, New Orleans still retains its ban on switchblades.

Knife Rights’ record of 29 bills repealing knife bans at the state and local levels in 21 states in the past 8 years is unrivaled. With your support, Knife Rights is rewriting knife law in America™.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom