Do you feel bad for Steve Mcnair and his possible SB legacy (1 Viewer)

As much as I respect McNair, if I controlled fate I still wouldn't take away Marshall Faulk's super bowl ring to give one to McNair. (On the other hand, if I could control fate, the Rams would have beat the Patriots, badly, in '02, so Faulk could have had his ring then. But then again, if I controlled fate I would have contrived some way to get Marshall home to play for the Saints, so never mind.)

i retroactively hate the rams and their finesse super bowl, so yes i wish that they would have made the td and won the game in ot.

I just feel bad that the stupid Rams won a Super Bowl. I was such a huge Titans fan for that game. I freakin' hate the Rams!!

I dont think McNair is HOF worthy. Only for a 2-3 year span could he be considered an elite player at his position. He suffered from the misfortune of having played in the same era as Manning, Brady, and Favre, not withoutstanding some very good QBs like Bledsoe, Mcnabb, Warner, Bulger, and Hasselback, the tail end of John Elway's great career, the tail end of Steve Young's great career, and Troy Aikman's great career. He was a very good QB who put up very good numbers but not great numbers. I think his career is very similar to Drew Bledsoe in the sense that at various points in time during his career, people thought he would be a future HOFer but in retrospect, there were other several better QBs that would be better candidates. JMO.

What is even worse is when they say if Carney would have made that XP would would have been in the playoffs, which is far from true. We had to win, and someone had to lose, Carolina I think, who played later. So, if he had made that, the game would have been tied, not won. Assuming we had won in OT, Carolina, or whoever, still won later, so it would have been all for nothing.

I could be wrong, but I believe that was the year where we were still in the hunt the week afterwards. If we had beaten Jax, then our destiny would have been in our hands. But since we lost, we had to win just to have a shot, whereas we would have been in if we beat Jax and won the next game.

+1. The guy made more playing 1 season than most people make in their whole lives.

Let's say you, the working person, were to make a well above-average salary of $50,000/year. It would take you 20 years to make $1,000,000. His roster bonus alone, when he first signed, was $11,000,000, or 220 years at $50,000/year.

Who feels bad because the guy never won a Super Bowl? BOO-HOO.

You oughta see the guy's hometown of Mt. Olive. He'd be a wealthy man there making
50K.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom