Do you guys think swiching to a 3-4 is going to help our offense aswell ? (1 Viewer)

greg8710

All-Pro
Reaction score
I belive it will. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like whenever we played a team with that D we started out slow or we struggled throughout the game. Could be wrong because I haven't taken a look at the stats. Just wondering what you guys think.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

I think it will. Drew practicing against a 3-4 scheme will only improve his ability to read the 3-4. It won't take him long to start picking apart and dominating a 3-4 set up like he does a 4-3 set. I'm not sure of the numbers either, but it seems he had more trouble with the 3-4.

Maybe, but I think we're making too much of alignment. It's more about the 'Players' within a Defense that contribute to whether an Offense struggles.

Most of the Defenses we've struggled against in the past Ravens, 49ers just so happened to be 3-4 Defenses, but they were also filled with extremely talented All-Pro caliber players. Like Ed Reed, Suggs, Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Goldson... so on so forth.

A good Offense could easily pick apart a bad 3-4 Defense, but struggle against a good 4-3 Defense. (Bears, Seahawks) It's more about the players.

I think there's good reason to be excited about the scheme change, it's going to help us get our impact guys on the field more due to design... but remember teams only play their "Base" Defense maybe less than 40% of their total snaps... These days it's a Passing League and you have to run a lot of Nickel, and Dime sets. So you better have 4-5 good DBs and an every down Linebacker that can stay on the field in Passing situations and get people lined up.

I think it will also. I've always loved the 3-4 u seem to get more pressure with a 3-4 also. Time for our young stars to rise to the occasion! A teams best offense is the defense.

Naturally a better defense will make the offense better as they will get better field position, and more possessions.

I think there is a better chance of the Saints having an improved offense that helps the defense instead of the defense helping the offense.

The Ravens and 49ers have good players I don't think it's necessarily the 3-4 that causes the Saints problems.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom