Do you hate a team with no good reason? (1 Viewer)

St. PJ

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I hate 3 teams: Dallas, San Francisco, and New England. I really don't have a good reason, and you could point out the fact that they have all been very successful and the Saints have not so maybe it is some underlying jealousy, and you may be right. That said, I hate the term "America's Team" and find Dallas and their fans obnoxious and arrogant becuase they feel everything is inherently theirs without really having to work for it. I hate listening to my satellite radio and hearing Dallas fans calling to moan and groan and I hate the fact that 13 Dallas players made the ProBowl, probably because they play for Dallas with little merit of their own accord.

I hate San Francisco becuase of Joe Montana and Steve Young led teams that always managed to beat us when in our division. Many times it seemed that the ball always bounced their way or the refs always cheated for them. Of course I was a kid then so my limited football knowledge and view was more than likely skewed. San Fran was really a good team who built throught the draft, as Dallas did during the Landry and Brandt years, so I respect them for that, unlike the Dallas of Jerry Jones years who went and bought teams like the evil Yankee empire.

When the Patriots played the Rams, I rooted for them. I rooted for Carolina and Philidelphia in their other Superbowl wins but had not yet really hated them. This changed the last two years becuase the Patriots have become super arrogant. Concerning the taping of signals, I am not as polarized. I do find the team classless, and I do agree that taping the signals gives the team an advatage as opposed to just observing the signals and trying to decipher them like every other team is allowed to do and has done for all time. However, in the end, it is all about execution, and the Patriots do a good job of this. You may argue that when Brady knows what the defense is doing beforehand, he can make his decision quicker before blitzs get to him, but the Giants showed if you change your blitz after he diagnosis it and ruff him up, he is not Super.

I have a certain respect for the idea of team that was embodied by the Patriots a few years ago, but I feel they lost their humility. I never hated Pittsburg or the Chicago Bulls even they were very dominant teams in their own right. Of the three teams I hate, I probably can justify hatred for two, Dallas and New England. I unfairly hate San Francisco and if the Saints shared any of the Success of either of these teams, I am sure I would love it, but I would not act like a Dallas or New england fan. Even when we made it to the Championship game, I knew and said we still had major weaknesses and a lot of things fell into place for us to make it that far.

In summation, I still hate New England and Dallas and never rooted for 19-0 and can't let go of my hatred for these teams, even if they started losing like SanFrancisco for years. Maybe I am allowed to hate for no reason, or even weak and ignorant reasons. Its almost comparable to racism or even peoples feelings against illegal immigrants trying to make good lifes for their families. I have more empathy for social inequalities and such, yet I can not feel guilty for hating New England or Dallas of SanFrancisco. I am not sure what I expect to hear about this. This thread is the result of a conversation I had with a childhood friend who wanted to know why I hated Tony Romo. I don't really hate him, I just think he is grossly overrated and I hate the media and fans for that too. Any thoughts?

Dallas and Atlanta. I'll always hate "America's team" and their jack*** fans. I hate Atlanta because, well, it's Atlanta.

I hate the Cowboys because usually their fans no nothing about football but they all love to jump on the bandwagon. Didn't they have 13 players in the Pro Bowl? What a joke.

I hate the 49ers for all those years they were in our division but mostly because they cheated the salary cap, won several Super Bowls, and got a slap on the wrist for it.

I hate the Patriots mostly because of Belichick.

I used to hate the Rams with a passion but that was when they were in our division and had Martz and Warner.

dallas cowboys and the new york yankees , i cant ever remember pulling for either team

Unjustified hate?

1) Dallas Cowboys
No, have several great reasons including:
* Obnoxious Fans
* Romo love
* Michael Irvin
* Jessica Simpson
* Jerry Jones
* Nate Newton
* Terrell Owens

2) New York Yankees
No, have a great reason -- their obnoxious fans

3) New England Patriots -- no, have several great reasons
No, several reasons including:
* Their coach
* Their cheating ways
* The media's love affair with them
* Tom Brady and his man whoring

4) Atlanta Falcons
No, several great reasons including:
* Dog killing quarterback
* Andre Rison
* "2 Legit to Quit", MC Hammer, and the 1991 Wild Card Game
* Obnoxious Fans
* Jerry Glanville
* Deion Sanders
* 1973 62-7 -- that was uncalled for
Several more that will come to me later....

5) San Francisco 49ers
No, several great reasons including
* Heartbreak
* Nausea
* Vomiting
* Being 13-2 when we were 12-3, or 14-2 when we were 12-4
* Being owned by a guy with ties to corrupt politicians, gambling, and organized crime
* Jerry Rice scoring touchdowns by breaking the plane of the 5-yard line
Several more that I have intentionally forgotten...

6) Oakland Raiders
* Allowing prison inmates to be season ticket holders
* Being directly responsible for the abomination to my ears known as John Madden
* Al Davis

So, I can honestly say that my hatred is justified.

Last edited:
I hate the Cowboys and Falcons, but with good reason!

To be honest, the teams I seem to hate the most are the Falcons and the Bucs, For some reason, I really hated the Bucs before they were in our division and hated them more once we are in the same division.
The first year we're in the same division they go ahead and win the Superbowl.
The teams I hate the most outside of our division are the Cowboys in the NFC and the Broncos in the AFC.

Unjustified hate?

1) Dallas Cowboys
No, have several great reasons including:
* Obnoxious Fans
* Romo love
* Michael Irvin
* Jessica Simpson
* Jerry Jones
* Nate Newton
* Terrell Owens

2) New York Yankees
No, have a great reason -- their obnoxious fans

3) New England Patriots -- no, have several great reasons
No, several reasons including:
* Their coach
* Their cheating ways
* The media's love affair with them
* Tom Brady and his man whoring

4) Atlanta Falcons
No, several great reasons including:
* Dog killing quarterback
* Andre Rison
* "2 Legit to Quit", MC Hammer, and the 1991 Wild Card Game
* Obnoxious Fans
* Jerry Glanville
* Deion Sanders
* 1973 62-7 -- that was uncalled for
Several more that will come to me later....

5) San Francisco 49ers
* Heartbreak
* Nausea
* Vomiting
* Being 13-2 when we were 12-3, or 14-2 when we were 12-4
* Being owned by a guy with ties to corrupt politicians, gambling, and organized crime
* Jerry Rice scoring touchdowns by breaking the plane of the 5-yard line
Several more that I have intentionally forgotten...

6) Oakland Raiders
* Allowing prison inmates to be season ticket holders
* Being directly responsible for the abomination to my ears known as John Madden
* Al Davis

So, I can honestly say that my hatred is justified.

/endthread

Actually, I think I have some good reasons! :D

Dallas Cowgirls: Because of their arrogance in believing that they are STILL "America's Team", and because of their bandwagon jockey fans.

New England Patriots: I used to really like them but I have no respect for their coach and therefore hope that the team sees no more success until he is gone.

Boston Red Sox: I'm a Yankees fan...no other reason needed...:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom