Do you have a dislike for elitist type people (1 Viewer)

Hey Reb...something special for all you edumacated elitst types.

If you really want to be an elitist, you have to drop out of college and get arrested.
bill_gates.jpg

It's a small miracle I didn't get arrested in graduate school. I really did some off the wall stupid crap.

Of course, I was almost always imbibing--usually it involved hard liquor.

And that pic is great, BD--heh. Gates.

Do you think thats the way it should be, Reb? I mean be honest, should a college professor be humble as possible or better yet should an intelligent person be humble in his views on thinking on certain things?

I was talking to a phychology major the other day Reb at South, he said that the pack mentality is something that he hates becuase it divides people instead of bringing together on a common goal, division instead of an understanding. Thats his view, and he was a pretty liberal person too Reb.
If I can talk to people who may not like me and get them to see my point of view somewhat, I would be accomplishing something Reb not by saying that my view is the right one, or even a valid one, but to make it to where I get people to not fall into groups and packs. Maybe I am a loner somewhat Reb. I just dont like the way groups in colleges these days make it seem so partisan and so difficult to get along where communication is almost impossble

Do you think thats the way it should be, Reb? I mean be honest, should a college professor be humble as possible or better yet should an intelligent person be humble in his views on thinking on certain things?

I was talking to a phychology major the other day Reb at South, he said that the pack mentality is something that he hates becuase it divides people instead of bringing together on a common goal, division instead of an understanding. Thats his view, and he was a pretty liberal person too Reb.
If I can talk to people who may not like me and get them to see my point of view somewhat, I would be accomplishing something Reb not by saying that my view is the right one, or even a valid one, but to make it to where I get people to not fall into groups and packs. Maybe I am a loner somewhat Reb. I just dont like the way groups in colleges these days make it seem so partisan and so difficult to get along where communication is almost impossble

If this "pack mentality" is as bad as you say it is, my advice is either transfer to another college or drop out.

All colleges are going to have "groups" though.

A college professor should do his duty as an instructor to teach students how to independently think for themselves and impart his knowledge through teaching the material as unbiased as possible.

Again, if you think your professors are brainwashing you, quit or transfer if you think your education is suffering for it.

No quitting is not in my nature, REb. I may not like some of the things I see in my college. I think maybe the point of this post was to vent a litte bit REb in all honesty. I dont think that quitting would help my problem I have now.

I think that colleges in this country could be better Reb though. However the advantages are often somewhat better then the disadvantages if you stay in where you are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom