Do you question Odell Beckham Junior (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
"It was a great kick. Sometimes, somebody makes a better play than you do. I can dive in there and still not get the ball. It was a very tough call. Nobody should ever question my effort or my heart. That's the last thing you can do. You can question me as a person, as a man, whatever you want to do. But my heart and my effort can never be questioned -- ever."

Dude - we’re questioning your heart. You’re out there on the hands team and you looked like a little kid trying to convince himself to jump into the pool. It was such an obvious contrast to Tarik Cohen who was in on just about every play trying to will his team to win. He can talk whatever he wants about not questioning his heart but the video speaks for itself.

I think Beckham plays hard most of the time but he plays for himself - not his team. A true football player isn’t always thinking about his contract or getting hurt or whatever. Go out and play the game to do everything you can to win.

Personally I don't question anyone that is not on the Saints team. I go by "its their problem". Everyone has its own personality and or reason for them to act like whatever. All I will say is since his rookie year, I was and still am glad he isn't on this team. Very good player but there were too much of "himself" early on that raise a lot of question mark for me. I wanted to see if he can become that leader and a great receiver that he can be. He is already a very good receiver. However I can't consider him great just because of his actions.

It makes me incredibly happy to have Mike Thomas. Dude is ALWAYS diving for loose balls. He made a name for himself at the beginning of his rookie year recovering fumbles and is still Johnny Hustle every game.

I don't really think any less of him for this, ok maybe a little. Those hits on on side kicks can be freaking ridiculous. Sure you want your best hands out there but you also want you tough guys too. If its me, my hands team would be all tight ends, full backs and a bunch of Taysoms. The NY coaches should know him enough to not put him out there.

OBJ definitely made a business decision and good for him if that’s what he wants to do. He’s a me diva. Always has been.
Imo.

I didn't even see the onsides kick but I've seen a lot of his antics on the sidelines and am glad he's not a Saint (and I am an LSU fan).

I’m sure that by now you have seen the onside kick, and the pathetic effort put forth by OBJ, but it made me think back on his past. OBJ is one fickle fellow. Sometimes he is all in on the game, sometimes he is Cam Newton.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25437009/odell-beckham-jr-onside-kick-ever-question-my-effort-my-heart?platform=amp

Sure hindsight is 50/50, but how would you like having him in this team?

I don't really question Odell. Obviously he didn't' play the ball the way it needed to be played to have a chance at recovering it. Not a good moment for sure. But hey, we seen our season end on one of these type of plays where you wonder what the heck our player is doing and we spent an offseason defending him.

Honestly, i dont think he is worth the headache or the salary which he commands. I really like MT’s style of play. All business on the field.

He def pulled up. IMO, he's a great player and he often does give it his all but in this instance, he got spooked and pulled up.

I'm just happy Giants somehow were able to take the avalanche of momentum Chicago had and still won.

Shannon lit Odell up lol

Whatever you thought of Cam Newton not diving on the ball in the Super Bowl is what you should think of Beckham on this play.

Lack of effort.

Personally I don't question anyone that is not on the Saints team. I go by "its their problem". Everyone has its own personality and or reason for them to act like whatever. All I will say is since his rookie year, I was and still am glad he isn't on this team. Very good player but there were too much of "himself" early on that raise a lot of question mark for me. I wanted to see if he can become that leader and a great receiver that he can be. He is already a very good receiver. However I can't consider him great just because of his actions.
He could use some MT drive. As the post below yours pointed out, MT dives for balls and fights for every inch.

Honestly I have no problem with what he did and honestly the GM probably doesn’t have a problem with what he did either. Let’s say he dives on the ball and tears his shoulder up or breaks a leg and is now out for the year and is doubtful to start the next year. Is proving to everyone that you play with heart worth diving on the ball in a lost season especially with the investment the team made in him? Probably not. He made a business decision and that’s fine. It’s one thing to do it in a meaningless game and another to do it in the SuperBowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom