Poll Do you really want Tapatalk back? (1 Viewer)

Do you really want us to make SR available to Tapatalk again?

• Yes

Votes: 36 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 131 41.3%
  • I prefer SR's mobile

Votes: 106 33.4%
  • I preferred Tapatalk

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 57 18.0%
  • Tacoes (Obligitory)

Votes: 55 17.4%

• Total voters
What is mobile?

Pros: SR works fine on my Comador64, got the dial up inter web with my rotary phone.

Cons: I get booted off line every time someone calls the house.

Andrus...

1. The SR mobile-scaled layout is beautiful. Check that box off and move on.

2. Friendly request to move the Who's Viewing This Forum/Thread module back to the bottom. Recall back a few months ago I was the one who asked that the top of the board not be cluttered and require scrolling to get to the meat. You obliged by trimming the stickied threads.

3. You mentioned being over-budget. You should not have to fork over your family's money. If you need to raise more money, say it.

New board is great. Took a while to adjust, but it's a great platform that ya'll have tailored masterfully.

Thank you! :9:

Regarding item #2... Right! I had just gotten that script in a few days ago, and got side tracked. Then it took me a minute to figure out how to get that feature moved to under the quick reply box. So I just took care of that. Better?

I don't care much of Tapatalk. Too much going on with that app. But please bring back the Red Thumb or Thumb down vote

The problem we found was that there was a way for members to see who issued them the red thumbs. And of course, due to that there were already scuffles breaking out, and those that knew about it couldn't help but pass that info around. I sent an email to the coder that had I paid to integrate that feature so that it would NOT show the issuer of negative ratings, and am waiting for him to get back to me.

There are too many members that take red thumbs personal as it is. I am just trying to maintain civility here.

Many members want the ability to dole out the red thumbs (drunken falcons), however, too many cannot handle receiving them, and when they can see who issued the negative rating some of the more sensitive types either/or go on a vendetta, reciprocate, in kind, send nasty PM's, and even call out the issuer publicly. The Mods have enough on their plates as it is.

There is a reason that social groups around the internet don't have negative options in their rating systems. I would love to have that option available when using Twitter or Facebook, but these large entities know that it isn't very good for their communities.

So I look at it this way, aside from what I mentioned above, I do feel that the negative ratings serve a purpose, but I also feel that they are abused far too much. So, I have been conflicted about using them for a long time. Seems like there was a nice calm when the options were simply "Like", and "Meh"! Meh has a fairly broad definition and is not quite as insulting. Once the drunken falcons went back up I felt an uptick in tension, and conflict.

Perhaps if I made a set of ratings with more options to choose from like the following it might come off better: :melike: :funny1: :confused2: :yawning: :dl:

HOLD THE FRONT DOOR!! the site is now mobile friendly?!?!?!
Yes, the new site is mostly an upgrade in that regard... all except the live chat.
When I tried it during the game Thursday night I was using my tablet. The screen layout has the the bar to type your message at the bottom and the area for incoming comments at the top of the screen. But all the ads are bundled in between these areas. When you click on the bar to type, the keyboard comes up over the bar, so you scroll up to see what you are typing. After sending, you scroll back to the top of the page to see what the replies coming from the group. Then you scroll back down and start all over to continue any sort of conversation. It was far too much scrolling to enjoy the room, so I won't be using it from my tablet. But the formatting is different on my desktop monitor screen. The type-in bar and incoming message areas are right next to each other. So keep this in mind if you intend to use the live chat feature.

Yes, the new site is mostly an upgrade in that regard... all except the live chat.
When I tried it during the game Thursday night I was using my tablet. The screen layout has the the bar to type your message at the bottom and the area for incoming comments at the top of the screen. But all the ads are bundled in between these areas. When you click on the bar to type, the keyboard comes up over the bar, so you scroll up to see what you are typing. After sending, you scroll back to the top of the page to see what the replies coming from the group. Then you scroll back down and start all over to continue any sort of conversation. It was far too much scrolling to enjoy the room, so I won't be using it from my tablet. But the formatting is different on my desktop monitor screen. The type-in bar and incoming message areas are right next to each other. So keep this in mind if you intend to use the live chat feature.

I have actually been doing a little work on that chat room to make it more compact on mobile devices. What I want to do and have yet to figure out how, is to move the editor to the bottom. I might have to contact the developer on that one.

Thank you! :9:

Regarding item #2... Right! I had just gotten that script in a few days ago, and got side tracked. Then it took me a minute to figure out how to get that feature moved to under the quick reply box. So I just took care of that. Better?

The problem we found was that there was a way for members to see who issued them the red thumbs. And of course, due to that there were already scuffles breaking out, and those that knew about it couldn't help but pass that info around. I sent an email to the coder that had I paid to integrate that feature so that it would NOT show the issuer of negative ratings, and am waiting for him to get back to me.

There are too many members that take red thumbs personal as it is. I am just trying to maintain civility here.

Many members want the ability to dole out the red thumbs (drunken falcons), however, too many cannot handle receiving them, and when they can see who issued the negative rating some of the more sensitive types either/or go on a vendetta, reciprocate, in kind, send nasty PM's, and even call out the issuer publicly. The Mods have enough on their plates as it is.

There is a reason that social groups around the internet don't have negative options in their rating systems. I would love to have that option available when using Twitter or Facebook, but these large entities know that it isn't very good for their communities.

So I look at it this way, aside from what I mentioned above, I do feel that the negative ratings serve a purpose, but I also feel that they are abused far too much. So, I have been conflicted about using them for a long time. Seems like there was a nice calm when the options were simply "Like", and "Meh"! Meh has a fairly broad definition and is not quite as insulting. Once the drunken falcons went back up I felt an uptick in tension, and conflict.

Perhaps if I made a set of ratings with more options to choose from like the following it might come off better: :melike::funny1::confused2::yawning::dl:

Thanks Andrus for your feedback. I never would of thought something like a "Thumb down" would escalate into something more than that. I personally like to see the thumb down to see how many of the general consensus feel about a subject or topic.

Would love love love Tapatalk back. The new SR on mobile isn't bad, but it's the only board I visit now that's not in Tapatalk.

I voted 2) No, 3) I prefer SR Mobile and 4) I preferred tapatalk.

I did prefer tapatalk for the old site but think it's pointless with the mobile platform of the new site. I can understand why people who use tapatalk for multiple forums would like SR to be back in tapatalk since you can have a timeline of posts from all the forums you're registered on to peruse and now the SR threads aren't there. But tapatalk isn't "necessary" like I felt it was in the past with the old site on my phone.

Can't post from mobile here... Brave browser using Nexus 6P. If I can get that resolved I'd be fine with the mobile site.

Tapatalk banner is one of the most annoying things on the internet. I even downloaded the app to see if that banner would go away but no luck.

Perhaps if I made a set of ratings with more options to choose from like the following it might come off better: :melike::funny1::confused2::yawning::dl:
I've often thought that I would like the Lol equivalent. So that would be pretty cool.

I've never used tapatalk.

Honestly, my biggest complaint with tapatalk was that users would complain about non football topics on the main board, not realizing, or not able to see, that the thread they were referring to WAS in the politics board, EE, Pelicans, etc boards, not on the Saints Super Forum. So, we'd get reported posts for no good reason or random complaints, just because of the interface they were using.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom