Do you remember a former Saints Defensive tackle ... (1 Viewer)

What’s this guy’s age? Looked him up in the back of my Saga of the Saints book from 1991 and didn’t see him in the all-time roster. I have a fairly sharp memory of every significant name going back to the early ‘80s and can’t remember the name at all. Maybe he was just a camp body?

Last edited:
Anybody remember Steve Baumgartner?

He played DE for us from 1973-77.
He lives on the Northshore and has a hardware store in Covington.
Really nice guy.
Met him years ago when I worked for a paint distribution company.
Yes. I do. Have a football card I believe.

No hits on Google in searching for a "Lloyd" or "Loyd" Trotter, in terms of playing stats -- nothing from high school, college, or pro.

Either he changed his name or there's some erm..."embellishment" going on, methinks.

Named Loyd Trotter. I've been hearing him advertise on the radio saying he's the new owner of Pest Stop in Lafayette. I never heard of him and can't even find anything about him on Google.
Claims he is the new manager and that he played on the defensive line. Though i didn't remember him playing for the Saints, I just assumed he had played. I mean, why in the world would anybody in this day and age lie about this. That is down right crazy.

That is down right crazy.
Which is a possibility that you can never discount.

I have a peer at work who talks about how sheetty conditions were in Korea when China entered the conflict and he was stranded on a mountainside behind the lines.

He is a decade+ younger than me.

Does great work, and for the most part is an awesome coworker, but legitimately has a screw loose.

I'm Calling Shenanigans.

Would he be listed anywhere if he was just a camp body?

And if he was that’s still a weird thing to brag about

“I was a New Orleans Saint for six days in July 1988”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom