Do you Roomba? Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have a $300 GC from Dell for buying a TV. Was thinking of getting the Roomba 690. Would end up costing $73. Anyone have one? Is it worth it just to clean up minor things? We have stained concrete so no carpet.

I don't need a computer or another TV. Was thinking a drone, but I'd have to come up with too much money.

Definitely worth $73! We have a similar model and it's a bit loud compared to other brands. But it definitely helps with the pet hair and daily dirt.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Definitely worth $73! We have a similar model and it's a bit loud compared to other brands. But it definitely helps with the pet hair and daily dirt.

Do you find it bangs into everything or it's pretty good at not? I've read that it will bang on walls and furniture often, but different people say otherwise. Everything in our house is light tones.

Do you find it bangs into everything or it's pretty good at not? I've read that it will bang on walls and furniture often, but different people say otherwise. Everything in our house is light tones.

it doesnt "bang" like you think.

The front part ( about 1/2 around ) is like a bumper with springs, so it "cushions" as it hits a wall or chair leg.

Its not a Dyson, but we have a golden retriever and its does get most of the pet hair on a daily basis so we arent constantly bombarded with her hair on the floors. ( we have hardwood ). It will also get good amount of small debris on floors as well.

It is louder than i expected, but we have on scheduler to do when no one home so no bother.

Now, pay attention when you set scheduler. I didnt. i set for 1. Welp that was ONE AM. i thought someone was breakin in home lol.

Also, empty the little bin regularly. as it gets filled, it wont get as much off the floors and change the filter regularly ( every 2 mo per manual ).

Again, it wont replace a good vacuuming, but i dont think it was intended for that. More to keep your floors decent so that you dont spend an hour vacuuming. ( which it has done just that for us )

My baseboards are white and I haven't had a problem. It doesn't really slam into anything anyway.

iRobot wants to sell your floor plan data.

Just sayin.
Pretty sure the out of all the models, only one has any kind of internet connectivity. My 870 doesn't.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I dunno, my Amazon Echo told me to watch out...:hihi:

Kinda getting to the point it doesn't matter. TV listens... microwave listens... phone listens... Alexa listens... what more harm can a floor robot do? LOL

Kinda getting to the point it doesn't matter. TV listens... microwave listens... phone listens... Alexa listens... what more harm can a floor robot do? LOL

This is how the machines will take over.

We love our roomba it cleans six days a week. We have a huskie so it keeps the hair picked up very well.

Should have bought it last night. The Dell coupon doesn't work today. I will be on the lookout for a new one, but I will probably get it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom