Do you Roomba? Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Ended up with the 690 and hooked it up to Alexa. Pretty cool. Works well.

I have a $300 GC from Dell for buying a TV. Was thinking of getting the Roomba 690. Would end up costing $73. Anyone have one? Is it worth it just to clean up minor things? We have stained concrete so no carpet.

I don't need a computer or another TV. Was thinking a drone, but I'd have to come up with too much money.
I also have stained concrete floors, but a few area rugs, runners, etc. We have a doggie door and live in Arizona, so managing the dust is a chore. Our robot vacuum (not a Roomba) runs at least once every day (scheduled), sometimes twice. While it does not relieve us from doing a deep clean with a normal vacuum on the rugs and a weekly mop of the floors, it does an excellent job of handling the bulk of the vacuuming.

It makes an occasional bump into something that's annoying. It doesn't bother me while watching TV if I run it, but I have decades of experience tuning out my surroundings while watching football.

Ok, we finally got one of these. The first one was a Roomba 690. It was pretty dumb and seemed to work like a kids toy that hits something, backs up and takes off in a different direction.
We returned it because it didn't seem to work too well and got stuck a lot.

We upgraded and got a Neeto D7. It was more expensive, but it works great. It goes around things instead of bumping into them and the app is pretty good so far at mapping out the house and all.

I want one badly. When I have one of the Guide Dogs over - between the dog and me, I am not sure who sheds more. Also, in San Diego, you can have your windows open most of the time. So that coupled with the construction next door to me that has been ongoing for the past 6 months, this place gets dusty af very quickly; including the floors. I also have concrete floors.

We have (had) a Eufy, which I think is an Anker product. It was great while it lasted, but after 2-3 years (which is pretty good) it has been wonky. It won't stay on its charger and starts beeping. It's not consistent and tech support has been less than helpful.

We have (had) a Eufy, which I think is an Anker product. It was great while it lasted, but after 2-3 years (which is pretty good) it has been wonky. It won't stay on its charger and starts beeping. It's not consistent and tech support has been less than helpful.
I was looking into upgrading and the Eufy had made it to the top of my list, glad to see your remarks. I have had the Roomba 650 since early 2016 and it will not take a charge as of two days ago, ordered a battery so we will see. The Roomba i7 was next on my list as a possible replacement.

3 years is probably the lifespan of a Eufy. You can catch them for $150 if your patient. They're great products, IMO.

3 years is probably the lifespan of a Eufy. You can catch them for $150 if your patient. They're great products, IMO.

Yeah, that's where I ended up. I'm a fan of Anker's products, generally, and it was a workhorse while it was going. RIP.

Has anyone with more than one noticed a particular brand is less noisy? My 650 (?) doesn't keep schedule anymore, and is loud as hell. Not a huge deal when I was going to the office, just the button on the way out, but it's absurd to run it while I'm home.

I have a Eufy and it's been running everyday for two years. There are for long haired women, a hundred pound lab/sheppard mix, a 40 pound puppy and my two year old son and I. We could not keep up without it. I do clean the roller brush and filters religiously.

Has anyone with more than one noticed a particular brand is less noisy? My 650 (?) doesn't keep schedule anymore, and is loud as hell. Not a huge deal when I was going to the office, just the button on the way out, but it's absurd to run it while I'm home.
That is the main reason I might upgrade away from the 650 even if the new battery fixes my issue, that thing is LOUD and we can ONLY run it while away from the house.

Watch if you have any very dark or black patterns on rugs. Roomba will avoid them because it thinks it's, going over a ledge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom