Question Do you still have access to the Advocate's Saints articles? (1 Viewer)

MightMite, are you in Colorado?
Yep. Thinking that could be the difference. Maybe they're trying to charge locals?

I can check with Dad after awhile and see what he gets. Probably the same since we share a router (we rent his guest house) but still worth checking to see if the difference is computer related. I use a tablet and he has a lap top. He'll be back later and is always on-line so no big deal to ask.

For the last several days, I have been unable to access the articles about the Saints on the Advocate's website. It says I need to subscribe. I was wondering if anybody else has encountered this problem. If you are still getting through to the articles, let me know where you are located in case this is just a regional restriction. I tried to link some of their articles to the News Page, but keep hitting the same wall. If you can check, please try to get to this article. Please give us some feedback. Thanks.
Works for me in San Antonio, TX.

For those of you that have lost your access, do you visit the Advocate frequently?

For those of you that have lost your access, do you visit the Advocate frequently?
[/QU

I use Chrome browser. If you go to settings and clear your browser data, it will reset and the paywall will disappear for a while. Same thing for the NY Times and Washington Post.

They have a paywall now. You get a certain number of free articles per month. Once you exceed that number, you have to subscribe to read the articles.

The NY Times article that is presently linked in another thread confirms what you sa115557id:

On the day last month when Pulitzer Prize winners were announced, The Advocate put up a paywall for the first time, limiting the number of articles nonsubscribers can read free online. With the end of a six-year battle and one big paper left in town, the journalists of New Orleans now turn to the real newspaper war: surviving in the news industry at all.

I wish they would let readers know what the limit was. Other papers who have limits will let you know that you have x amount of free articles left. As a result of this, we will probably no longer be able to link to Advocate articles on the News Page any more because we don't want to be sending members to a pay wall. That is why we don't link to The Athletic.

I use Chrome browser. If you go to settings and clear your browser data, it will reset and the paywall will disappear for a while. Same thing for the NY Times and Washington Post.

I use Chrome and just clearing the cookies worked for me. Thanks.

I hit the paywall, *and* it crashes my Mac each time. So, paywall, crash, and the gutting our flagship, historic paper . . . buh-bye Advocate.

I'm able to get to it just fine.

For those having an issue, are you running an adblocker? Have you tried disabling it for theadvocate?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom