Do you stop at a flashing yellow light? (1 Viewer)

its a post katrina thing. All the lights here were screwed up, so people being careful would stop no matter what cause you commonly didn't know what the other person's light looked like, or what they were going to do. For the first year I was back I would do it as well, because it took about that long to the lights fixed in a lot of areas. Now, it is proceed with caution since they aren't Katrina lights anymore.

I come to a near-stop at blinking yellows not because I think I should stop at a blinking yellow, but because it usually means the other way has a blinking red, and I *know* that a sizeable % of the driving population in New Orleans will blast through a blinking red without even touching their brakes.

It's purely self-defense.

depends on if the light is a bright yellow or not. if it older or dirty, i can't tell it from red though untill i'm right up on it.

sucks being color blind.

The light on St Claude & Franklin worries the life out of me.

The light on St Claude & Franklin worries the life out of me.

Me too. I drive through that one 4 times a week and everybody stops. So I figure if everyone is stopping, I can go on ahead.

It's definitely a post Katrina thing. For a while a lot of the flashing yellows had temporary stop signs set up, particularly at the 4 way stops where all 4 sides would be flashing yellow.

technically a flashing yellow means proceed with caution but that also means you might have to stop. Same with a yield sign.

Another caveat in New Orleans is the other light might not have been set up correctly (which is typically the case) and they might also have a flashing yellow which means you could run into each other. Stopping at a flashing yellow in New Orleans might not be always needed, but it is certainly prudent.

technically a flashing yellow means proceed with caution but that also means you might have to stop. Same with a yield sign.

Another caveat in New Orleans is the other light might not have been set up correctly (which is typically the case) and they might also have a flashing yellow which means you could run into each other. Stopping at a flashing yellow in New Orleans might not be always needed, but it is certainly prudent.

On Florida Blvd. in BR it's basically a 4 way stop.

1000s of drivers going up and down Florida, stopping constantly to let the 15 cars on each side into the rotation. It's moronic at best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom