Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth? (And all things UFO) (2 Viewers)

Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth?

• Yes

Votes: 80 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 27.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • Only if they arrived in tacoes

Votes: 19 11.5%

• Total voters
Not really a killjoy, just rational thinking. The people in the military who are credible and serious about this, who have observed these objects, like David Fravor and the 3 other pilots who witnessed the same thing, never make the leap that these are alien spacecraft. They simply explain what they saw and have no Earthly explanation.

There is a very, very, extremely slim possibility that these are craft from an extraterrestrial civilization. I don't think anyone reasonable and science-minded denies that. Some scientists might put that possibility at a slightly higher probability than this writer, but the likelihood is low according to all scientific estimations. That tiny possibility is what's fun to think about and speculate on, but that does not make one a "believer."

For me, do I want it to be extraterrestrial craft? Yes. Do I think it likely is? No, I seriously doubt it.

Unlike the author, I'd say please don't stop the UFO mania. It's fun and participation is optional.
If it isn't of Earthly origin then it HAS to be alien in nature. Its simple logic.

I see you had to change the wording in my post in order to make your point. Are you a politician?
Not a chance. :hihi:

But I thought that's what this thread was about and what you were referring to.
Yes, there is a stigma about anything associated with UFO sightings and stories.
I agree that such talk is quickly discredited.

Last edited:
Very good article- but bit of a killjoy though
==========================
snipped

This skeptical take, however, is the boring take. A better story would be that, after all these decades as a skeptic, I’ve converted, because the recent rash of UFO sightings has persuaded me that these are, in actual fact, spaceships from somewhere else in the universe, or perhaps from the future, and could even be future humans, such as grad students getting their PhDs in paleoanthropology. Much better story.

snipped

Count me in the number who are skeptical. IF there are alien encounters, I absolutely want to know more. While I think it's POSSIBLE, I just don't see the evidence that it's LIKELY. Not yet....

On the other hand, the part in bold is interesting as hell. I hadn't thought of this perspective! (yet another demonstration in my mind that the explanation is something "other" than aliens) I think it's equally plausible that future mankind does invent time travel of some sort, and goes back in time to study their ancestors' day-to-day society, like the author suggests. (although I guess the argument could be made that IF science can "warp time" for this, they can "warp time" for space travel such that it no longer takes 100M light-years to reach other planets....but I digress)

If you've ever seen the movie A Sound of Thunder, an interesting flick where in the near future the rich can book excursions to time travel and hunt dinosaurs millions of years in the past; it's easy to imagine that future humankind comes back in time to visit us in our present. That explanation is just as plausible as alien visitors, IMO.

Or maybe those UFOS are indeed alien "scout" and "research" vessels, reporting back to their homebase. Having located semi-intelligent and sentient life forms on a habitable planet in a distant galaxy of the universe, perhaps a flotilla of alien spacecraft are already on their way, scheduled to arrive in a few hundred thousand or million years. Perhaps...

Not really a killjoy, just rational thinking. The people in the military who are credible and serious about this, who have observed these objects, like David Fravor and the 3 other pilots who witnessed the same thing, never make the leap that these are alien spacecraft. They simply explain what they saw and have no Earthly explanation.

There is an very, very, extremely slim possibility that these are craft from an extraterrestrial civilization. I don't think anyone reasonable and science-minded denies that. Some scientists might put that possibility at a slightly higher probability than this writer, but the likelihood is low according to all scientific estimations. That tiny possibility is what's fun to think about and speculate on, but that does not make one a "believer."

For me, do I want it to be extraterrestrial craft? Yes. Do I think it likely is? No, I seriously doubt it
If it isn't of Earthly origin then it HAS to be alien in nature. Its simple logic.

They just say they don't have an Earthly explanation, which is not the same as saying that there is definitely not an Earthly explanation.

They just say they don't have an Earthly explanation, which is not the same as saying that there is definitely not an Earthly explanation.
It's a cop out. They are pretty much saying it's alien in origin without saying it. I mean if we can't explain it then it's not from Earth or else there would be explanations and not just one, there would be multiple competing for the truth.

It's a cop out. They are pretty much saying it's alien in origin without saying it. I mean if we can't explain it then it's not from Earth or else there would be explanations and not just one, there would be multiple competing for the truth.
I think the explanation that UFOs are time-travel devices fulfills the criteria of being of earthly origin, and is equally plausible as other-worldly origins. Not that I actually believe either one...but willing to considering it. Just playing devil's advocate!

If you've ever seen the movie A Sound of Thunder, an interesting flick where in the near future the rich can book excursions to time travel and hunt dinosaurs millions of years in the past

I watched the trailer for that out of curiosity. I wonder how they managed to make dinosaurs look so much worse than Jurassic Park did 12 years before.

I watched the trailer for that out of curiosity. I wonder how they managed to make dinosaurs look so much worse than Jurassic Park did 12 years before.
Dinosaurs are getting uglier with age. :hihi:

Count me in the number who are skeptical. IF there are alien encounters, I absolutely want to know more. While I think it's POSSIBLE, I just don't see the evidence that it's LIKELY. Not yet....

On the other hand, the part in bold is interesting as hell. I hadn't thought of this perspective! (yet another demonstration in my mind that the explanation is something "other" than aliens) I think it's equally plausible that future mankind does invent time travel of some sort, and goes back in time to study their ancestors' day-to-day society, like the author suggests. (although I guess the argument could be made that IF science can "warp time" for this, they can "warp time" for space travel such that it no longer takes 100M light-years to reach other planets....but I digress)

If you've ever seen the movie A Sound of Thunder, an interesting flick where in the near future the rich can book excursions to time travel and hunt dinosaurs millions of years in the past; it's easy to imagine that future humankind comes back in time to visit us in our present. That explanation is just as plausible as alien visitors, IMO.

Or maybe those UFOS are indeed alien "scout" and "research" vessels, reporting back to their homebase. Having located semi-intelligent and sentient life forms on a habitable planet in a distant galaxy of the universe, perhaps a flotilla of alien spacecraft are already on their way, scheduled to arrive in a few hundred thousand or million years. Perhaps...
Time travel is even more improbable because the Earth / Universe is always in motion. You'd more than likely just end up in deep space even if you could time travel.

There is a very, very, extremely slim possibility that these are craft from an extraterrestrial civilization.
There is also the non zero chance that what we are witnessing is scout vessels for space faring humans who left Earth millions of years ago coming back to see the old hood.

Time travel is even more improbable because the Earth / Universe is always in motion. You'd more than likely just end up in deep space even if you could time travel.
ohhhh.....another interesting twist?! to be clear, I don't believe UFOs are alien ships OR time-travel pods...just interesting theories. But to play devil's advocate, in a universe of existence where the math & science have solved the issues of interstellar space travel, I believe they'll have simultaneously solved the issues of time travel. In both instances, much like a hockey puck being passed to a moving skater, space/time travelers will be aimed where the destination "will be", rather than where it "is".

ohhhh.....another interesting twist?! to be clear, I don't believe UFOs are alien ships OR time-travel pods...just interesting theories. But to play devil's advocate, in a universe of existence where the math & science have solved the issues of interstellar space travel, I believe they'll have simultaneously solved the issues of time travel. In both instances, much like a hockey puck being passed to a moving skater, space/time travelers will be aimed where the destination "will be", rather than where it "is".
At least someone has their thinking cap on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom