Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth? (And all things UFO) (2 Viewers)

Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth?

• Yes

Votes: 80 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 27.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • Only if they arrived in tacoes

Votes: 19 11.5%

• Total voters
Maybe, but if what the Navy pilots have described is our tech, and the UFO's that shut down the nukes was our tech, why would we be persayfooting around right now with Putin.

I think the biggest reason that they are afraid of UFO disclosure is that they really have no idea what is going on, and they know the public will panic if the government admits that UFO's are real, but that's basically all they know about it after 70+ years of study.

I see your point but I could also imagine reasons one might want to keep under-development super-advanced tech secretive. I could also imagine that a small group within government, or a semi-governmental agency, a spinoff of something in the defense department or CIA that gets little oversight, might be capable of producing something that can escape the purview of even the highest levels within our elected government (I suppose this thought is part of what has led some public officials to want to look into it).

And the government already admitted UFOs are real, and no panic, but I know what you mean.

Of course UFOs are real. That's the problem with public and administration perception. UFO only means Unidentified Flying Object. When you say UFO, 99% of the people that hear it picture little green men in flying saucers and automatically shut down all thought about because that's crazy. UFO doesn't mean extraterrestrial.

I think we've moved much closer to little green men over the past 5 years.

I see your point but I could also imagine reasons one might want to keep under-development super-advanced tech secretive. I could also imagine that a small group within government, or a semi-governmental agency, a spinoff of something in the defense department or CIA that gets little oversight, might be capable of producing something that can escape the purview of even the highest levels within our elected government (I suppose this thought is part of what has led some public officials to want to look into it).

And the government already admitted UFOs are real, and no panic, but I know what you mean.
The government has acknowledged that a UFO disabled our nuclear weapons in the 80s.

I don't think that was our tech. It is hard to even talk about the admissions made over the past 5 years without sounding crazy because the stigma is so ingrained, but even the Nimitz encounter was almost 20 years ago.

The modern sightings confirmed by our military are pretty much the same things that were reported 60 years ago. This isn't our tech.

y'all, space is really big...like, absurdly, ridiculously huge....

it took almost 10 years for New Horizons to make it to Pluto and our solar system extends way beyond that

at that speed, it would take tens of thousands years to make it to the closest star....

obviously, any alien race would have to have some crazy efficient and powerful tech to travel between star systems...and then they would have to find earth, the smallest needle in the largest haystack imaginable

i do think there are likely thousands upon thousands of intelligent lifeforms out there in the universe, but when you start to look at the scope of everything, the more unlikely it seems that there are aliens out there star hopping around the galaxy

y'all, space is really big...like, absurdly, ridiculously huge....

it took almost 10 years for New Horizons to make it to Pluto and our solar system extends way beyond that

at that speed, it would take tens of thousands years to make it to the closest star....

obviously, any alien race would have to have some crazy efficient and powerful tech to travel between star systems...and then they would have to find earth, the smallest needle in the largest haystack imaginable

i do think there are likely thousands upon thousands of intelligent lifeforms out there in the universe, but when you start to look at the scope of everything, the more unlikely it seems that there are aliens out there star hopping around the galaxy
We are a young race. We could actually be the youngest in the galaxy. There could be technologies out there that we can't even imagine yet. Warp drive? Pfft. Gravity drive? Thousands of years old technology. We just don't know. That's why there should be serious investigation of anything unknown.

I think we've moved much closer to little green men over the past 5 years.
Maybe, but there's still no actual documentation of actually seeing them. At least not yet. My sense is that UFO sightings are by and large man-made objects that we don't have enough information on for whatever reasons.

We are a young race. We could actually be the youngest in the galaxy. There could be technologies out there that we can't even imagine yet. Warp drive? Pfft. Gravity drive? Thousands of years old technology. We just don't know. That's why there should be serious investigation of anything unknown.

like i said, i believe that life exists in all corners of the universe, i just think it's highly unlikely that they have traveled incomprehensible distances and also happened to find this tiny rock that we live on

like i said, i believe that life exists in all corners of the universe, i just think it's highly unlikely that they have traveled incomprehensible distances and also happened to find this tiny rock that we live on
If they have the tech to fly accross solar systems in a short amount of time, we have sent out probes and the such, it wouldn't be unlikely that they could pickup on the transmissions while cruisng though, and notice the milliions of satelites and debris floating around.

Yeah, unless there's some truth to the wormhole theories allowing for portal to portal travel like in the movies. Obviously, it's not anything near a possibility at this point, so conventional long distance space travel doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

I see this a lot, that we are a young race, but we don't really know that, seeing as though we have NOTHING to compare us to. It just seems like probably a good guess.

Of course there is the possibility that life on most other habitable planets keeps recycling much more quickly than life has on Earth. We are, after all, one major meteor impact, or other extinction-level event, away from being recycled ourselves.

One estimation is that there are maybe 50 billion habitable planets in just our galaxy. I think that the development of something as advanced as humanity, evolved from the basic elements of the universe, could very well have something like a 1 in 50 billion chance of happening. Once you start considering all potentially habitable planets in the whole universe though, it starts seeming more and more likely that something more advanced than us must have happened somewhere at some time. There's just no knowing.

I see this a lot, that we are a young race, but we don't really know that, seeing as though we have NOTHING to compare us to. It just seems like probably a good guess.

Of course there is the possibility that life on most other habitable planets keeps recycling much more quickly than life has on Earth. We are, after all, one major meteor impact, or other extinction-level event, away from being recycled ourselves.

One estimation is that there are maybe 50 billion habitable planets in just our galaxy. I think that the development of something as advanced as humanity, evolved from the basic elements of the universe, could very well have something like a 1 in 50 billion chance of happening. Once you start considering all potentially habitable planets in the whole universe though, it starts seeming more and more likely that something more advanced than us must have happened somewhere at some time. There's just no knowing.
The Milky Way Galaxy is over 13 billion years old, the Earth is less than 5 billion years old, human "civilization" is only about 10,000 years old, we think. Dinosaurs were the dominant lifeform for millions of years. Humans are barely a blink in that time frame. What if the sentient lifeform on this planet had evolved in the dinosaur's time frame? If we survived, our civilization would be millions of years old. Now imagine what our technology would look like. You can't, because we only have a few thousand years of human imagination to draw from.

The Milky Way Galaxy is over 13 billion years old, the Earth is less than 5 billion years old, human "civilization" is only about 10,000 years old, we think. Dinosaurs were the dominant lifeform for millions of years. Humans are barely a blink in that time frame. What if the sentient lifeform on this planet had evolved in the dinosaur's time frame? If we survived, our civilization would be millions of years old. Now imagine what our technology would look like. You can't, because we only have a few thousand years of human imagination to draw from.
I read that in Williams Shatner's voice.
It was great.

Yeah, unless there's some truth to the wormhole theories allowing for portal to portal travel like in the movies. Obviously, it's not anything near a possibility at this point, so conventional long distance space travel doesn't seem likely anytime soon.
String theory suggests there might be some truth to wormholes.

I think the real question is not whether they exist, but rather are they navigable?
Navigable is relative when it comes to wormholes since the singularities simultaneously exist in different locations. If the singularity (speaking from a layman's point of view) is gravitationally infinite then a traveler would likely get ripped to shreds as soon as they crossed the event horizon. If gravitational forces are not at play and you could "enter" the singularity safely you would emerge at the other singularity (regardless of time or distance) unscathed instantaneously, theoretically. Reasonably, wormhole travel would not be like it is depicted in Star Trek, Contact, or any other sci-fi series using the plot device to move people from point A to point B.

Actually, outside of gravitational concerns, if current theories hold true, a bigger problem would not only be where the matching singularity exists but when.

/physicsisahobby

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom