Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth? (And all things UFO) (5 Viewers)

Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth?

• Yes

Votes: 80 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 27.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • Only if they arrived in tacoes

Votes: 19 11.5%

• Total voters
I've been following the thread, but, eh, I just can't do the alien thing. There are clearly UFOs out there, but they're all man made. I'm not seeing aliens bothering to go out of their way to visit here.
And by man made you mean time travelers from a thousand years in the future…right?

I've been following the thread, but, eh, I just can't do the alien thing. There are clearly UFOs out there, but they're all man made. I'm not seeing aliens bothering to go out of their way to visit here.

That said, I definitely believe there's life forms all over the universe, heck, even in our own solar system. Just don't think anything advanced enough to travel across galaxies in a short period of time would have any interest in Earth.
You are very outspoken about your faith, so I hope this doesn’t come across the wrong way. But you presumably believe that an all-powerful God sent his ONLY son to this specific celestial object to die for the misdeeds of this specific race of beings. And you don’t believe other beings would have an interest in why or what was so special about this planet or this race of beings?

You are very outspoken about your faith, so I hope this doesn’t come across the wrong way. But you presumably believe that an all-powerful God sent his ONLY son to this specific celestial object to die for the misdeeds of this specific race of beings. And you don’t believe other beings would have an interest in why or what was so special about this planet or this race of beings?
Not necessarily. I don't presume to know how it all works tho. If one believes an all-powerful God created everything, then it stands to reason that he's God of everything he created.

That said, I'm not convinced we'll ever have contact with other civilizations on other planets. And I'm not convinced it's that big a deal. Whether others exist or not doesn't really change our nature or who we are.

• 1Like
Reactions: cpg
When I hear the argument about "why would aliens come here? why would some super intelligent interplanetary species be interested in us?" or if I hear about aliens potentially meaning harm, I think about a quote from the protagonist played by Jodie Foster in the movie Contact: "We pose no threat to them. It would be like us going out of our way to destroy a few microbes on an ant hill in Africa."

The antagonist government bureaucrat goes on to say something like "and how bad would we feel about destroying a few microbes on an ant hill in Africa?" -- and that's a good point, something to think about, and it sheds some light on the scientific vs militaristic attitudes we battle on Earth today.

However, using our own advancement as an analog, because that's really all we have, I think if we look at the intelligent humans amongst us, the ones who actually lead scientific fields, the ones who bring us into the future, they are not destructive in their goals, not militaristic -- we can see that science has an interest in studying things like microbes on an ant hill in Africa, even while the general population cares not at all and, quite contrary to wanting it destroyed, science wants it preserved so it can be studied and learned from. Intelligence has no interest in wanton destruction.

If our own civilization is to advance it will be this scientific attitude that advances us, it's what has advanced us, despite the desire of so many to use science for anti-scientific destruction. I've tentatively concluded then, from this optimistic logic, that the most plausible explanation for any possible alien interest in us is just that -- scientific exploration.

I never believed the whole "If aliens are so advanced to travel light years, why would they concern themselves with us?"
schtick. Because, if we discovered how to do that tomorrow, and we came across a planet with neanderthal type creates, we would 100% stop and explore/interact.

I never believed the whole "If aliens are so advanced to travel light years, why would they concern themselves with us?"
schtick. Because, if we discovered how to do that tomorrow, and we came across a planet with neanderthal type creates, we would 100% stop and explore/interact.

Or at least send probes there. We sent probes to mars and there wasn't even anything super interesting there. The UFO's could all just be drones.

Other mistakes we make are assuming that they are limited by the speed of light. It is likely that our understand of "travel" is just limited, and going faster than the speed of light is meaningless.

It could be something that comes from a place much closer than we expect.

It could just be black military projects that they are using UFO's as a cover story for.

Regardless, something really interesting is going on, and it seems like the public is getting really close to finding out.

Or at least send probes there. We sent probes to mars and there wasn't even anything super interesting there. The UFO's could all just be drones.

Other mistakes we make are assuming that they are limited by the speed of light. It is likely that our understand of "travel" is just limited, and going faster than the speed of light is meaningless.

It could just be black military projects that they are using UFO's as a cover story for.

Regardless, something really interesting is going on, and it seems like the public is getting really close to finding out.
Just my personal opinion that black site projects are using the UFO/alien explanation as covers for all the advanced and weird sheet they're doing. I imagine there's all sorts of things they're doing that we have little clue about.

We ( the general public ) know nothing of their physiology to think that what we know as "aging" has an effect on them. Time may very well be relative to them vs us ( having a "life span " )

200 years ago, folks thought the Earth was flat. 100 years ago, driving a car was not possible. 40 years ago you had to pull over to a pay phone to make a call while on the go. There is so much we dont know today, that we will tomorrow.

Im totally convinced because when you see a still photo from the James Webb telescope, there just is no possible way we are the ONLY life forms in that frame. Impossible.

Newsnation had an hr long special of the interview, waiting for that to be put on youtube but this was a clip from the after show.

My understanding is this the first of a few whistleblowers coming forward?

The way he talks about the Aliens treating us like animals on an animal reserve, and they are the zoo keepers. They only get interested in us if we start fighting.

My understanding is this the first of a few whistleblowers coming forward?

The way he talks about the Aliens treating us like animals on an animal reserve, and they are the zoo keepers. They only get interested in us if we start fighting.
so , they stay interested in us 24/7/365?

I watched Moment of Contact documentary on Prime last night.

I suggest those interested give it a watch.

It's about the 1996 Varginha Brazil incident. Not only was the craft recovered, but 2 alien beings as well. All covered up. Til now.

Here is the special that aired last night. Taken down already, rip. Lasted 6hrs on youtube.

Here it is posted in parts via twitter.

Last edited:
Guy who as recently as a few months ago worked in US intelligence with TS/SCI security clearance, with verified credentials says that the US government has several alien spacecraft, has even recovered bodies, and that it has been covering it up for 80 years.

He knows, because it was his job to see what secret UFO programs the government might have. He couldn't get anyone to give it the proper attention, so he quits and files a whistleblower complaint.

Barely a peep in the news. Barely a peep from anyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom