Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth? (And all things UFO) (3 Viewers)

Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth?

• Yes

Votes: 80 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 27.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • Only if they arrived in tacoes

Votes: 19 11.5%

• Total voters
NO because:

(1) In the 13.8 billion years of this universe, life started about 3.8 billion years ago, and humans have existed for only 100,000-ish years.
(2) Humans developed the ability to leave the planet less than 100 years ago, about the same time we developed the ability to destroy ourselves.
(3) The nearest Goldilocks planets are about 1,000 light years away.
(4) Our scientists can (reasonably) dream of actually traveling, at most, about 10% the speed of light (i.e., getting there in 10,000 years).

Therefore, each intelligent life form out there has a small window in which it can engage in interstellar travel before it destroys itself, and the time that it takes to get from here to there is way bigger than the window.

And, in the very unlikely chance that aliens already got here, it was probably one or more billion years ago, and they saw that little or no life was here, and then left after recording a neutral reference ("Mostly Harmless").

The speed of light argument is probably flawed. You are also asserting a great filter theory except no civilization makes it through.

Why I think your speed of light argument is probably wrong. We already have theoretical warp drives.

I'll add my own opinion to the mix.

The military videos are real. That is fact.

If the government really has no idea what the UAP's are that leaves 2 possibilities:

1. Aliens
2. Foreign government - the scariest option IMO

I would much rather find out the UAP's are little green men then some kind of secret Chinese tech that has far advanced our own.

NO because:

(1) In the 13.8 billion years of this universe, life started about 3.8 billion years ago, and humans have existed for only 100,000-ish years.
(2) Humans developed the ability to leave the planet less than 100 years ago, about the same time we developed the ability to destroy ourselves.
(3) The nearest Goldilocks planets are about 1,000 light years away.
(4) Our scientists can (reasonably) dream of actually traveling, at most, about 10% the speed of light (i.e., getting there in 10,000 years).

Therefore, each intelligent life form out there has a small window in which it can engage in interstellar travel before it destroys itself, and the time that it takes to get from here to there is way bigger than the window.

And, in the very unlikely chance that aliens already got here, it was probably one or more billion years ago, and they saw that little or no life was here, and then left after recording a neutral reference ("Mostly Harmless").
You’re making ‘therefore’ do a LOT of work here

I remember seeing a documentary about a psychologist who went through the most plausible sightings of 'greys' and shortlisted some where the sighting was hard to refute and the person who reported the sighting didn't really have anything to gain in terms of notoriety or money.
Some of these people were successful in business/society and were actually reticent about cooperating. After analysing them he became convinced that they were neither lying nor disturbed and genuinely believed they saw something 'alien'.
He arranged for brain scans and neurological tests of these poeple to see if there was something in their physiology which might explain it.
If I remember correctly all but one had very slight epilepsy which had not previously been diagnosed.
He concluded that what they had actually experienced was a very mild fit in which their brain was being overwhelmed with light and distorted shapes. He believed the greys they saw were their children / family members who had come to see if they were okay whilst they were confused and disorientated from the epilepsy.
This would explain why many people do not report being harmed by greys and why some are reported as small in size like children.
If true it also goes to prove that some who come forward are not necessarily weirdo publicity seekers or nut jobs but people who truly believe they have had an alien encounter even if they probably have not.
It might also explain why people have previously reported seeing ghosts as intense light shapes.
Worth considering.

We almost blew ourselves up in the Cuban Missile Crisis (1962) seven years before we stepped foot on the moon (1969), therefore the window is small.

Less work?
no really
'therefore' means "it follows that"
we did not blow ourselves up, therefore it is not a given that every intelligent life form will ultimately kill itself
now, that it might be the case that every intelligent life form will ultimately kill itself, but your construction does not logically prove that

no really
'therefore' means "it follows that"
we did not blow ourselves up, therefore it is not a given that every intelligent life form will ultimately kill itself
now, that it might be the case that every intelligent life form will ultimately kill itself, but your construction does not logically prove that
The ants will survive.....!

infographic-1170x1366.jpg

That chart is fun, but it seems "Space Is Vast" and "Life Is Rare" are simple, logical, and rather obvious - and together they suffice to solve the Paradox.

I agree, and that's where I lean. I do not think we've been visited by intelligent life. Mainly because, you have to look at the probability that life gets started on another planet, which is not very high per planet -- so with billions of planets suitable to form life, only a few of them will (I do think life exists elsewhere though, just not on every suitable planet). Then there's the probability that that life will evolve into "intelligent" life. Then the probability that that life will not get wiped out by a natural disaster. Then the probability that that life will not wipe itself out. Then the the probability that they can discover interstellar travel (without emitting signals we can pick up on). Then the probability that they can discover us within the 100 years we've been emitting signals or so, our signals have not traveled very far yet. Then the probability that they made it here between the time they discovered us and now (small window). Then the probability that they did so undetected by any scientists observing the cosmos.

It's not impossible, but highly improbable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom