Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth? (And all things UFO) (2 Viewers)

Do you think aliens in ufos have visited Earth?

• Yes

Votes: 80 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 27.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • Only if they arrived in tacoes

Votes: 19 11.5%

• Total voters
even if 'life is rare', life existing on the one planet out of 660 Billion is more rare by orders of magnitude
i like the theory that life began on earth bc a meteor impact chipped off a piece of Mars and that landed on Earth and that began the whole thing - while a rare occurrence, that has to have happened millions to billions of times

completely tangential, i was rewatching the Expanse and read somewhere about what happens to the railgun 'bullets' (or torpedoes or whatever) that don't impact? they'll just keep going and going and going until they get pulled into a planet or star - it's a weird idea bullets just whizzing through space

And of course there is the argument that life exists on the planets that the creator wills it to exist on.

no really
'therefore' means "it follows that"
we did not blow ourselves up, therefore it is not a given that every intelligent life form will ultimately kill itself
now, that it might be the case that every intelligent life form will ultimately kill itself, but your construction does not logically prove that
i love you only because you are such a nerd.

100% certainty in my mind.

This article is good:

On October 19, 2017, a Canadian astronomer named Robert Weryk was reviewing images captured by a telescope known as Pan-starrs1 when he noticed something strange. The telescope is situated atop Haleakalā, a ten-thousand-foot volcanic peak on the island of Maui, and it scans the sky each night, recording the results with the world’s highest-definition camera. It’s designed to hunt for “near-Earth objects,” which are mostly asteroids whose paths bring them into our planet’s astronomical neighborhood and which travel at an average velocity of some forty thousand miles an hour. The dot of light that caught Weryk’s attention was moving more than four times that speed, at almost two hundred thousand miles per hour.

completely tangential, i was rewatching the Expanse and read somewhere about what happens to the railgun 'bullets' (or torpedoes or whatever) that don't impact? they'll just keep going and going and going until they get pulled into a planet or star - it's a weird idea bullets just whizzing through space

Certain that at least some of these are crashing into something at an awkward time, like weddings, first contacts...

I feel like we are the aliens visiting earth.

We're the only species that have to wipe our butts...

Look at how loooong it takes our babies to be self-sufficient. It takes them months to be able to walk. They can't forage for food or feed themselves for years.

Plants thrive and grow into beautiful things with only some combination of water, sun and dirt. A house cat can groom themselves without using their paws. Birds fly.

We are so inferior to everything else produced of/from/on this planet. So un-special. So foreign and useless.

The only creatures that make stuff up to justify our existence. The only ones to create gods. We're so unusual.

Look at how loooong it takes our babies to be self-sufficient. It takes them months to be able to walk. They can't forage for food or feed themselves for years.

Plants thrive and grow into beautiful things with only some combination of water, sun and dirt. A house cat can groom themselves without using their paws. Birds fly.

We are so inferior to everything else produced of/from/on this planet. So un-special. So foreign and useless.

The only creatures that make stuff up to justify our existence. The only ones to create gods. We're so unusual.

Or the other animals may all understand God exists and only humans are foolish and arrogant enough to think there is not.

The Buttwiper Paradox. It's been debated by alienologists for decades. The more a civilization self-discovers the need to wipe, the less special it thinks it is. But that is a contradiction - it just means we know we can be special. Puppi ergo sum.

That we know of. :scratch:
That we don't know about them, that it hasn't been communicated...

What would that say about humans. Because we sure as hell don't know how to be quiet and mind our business. Can't not say what we "know."

Once again, it would mean we're the only ones who can't follow suit. We can't operate like the others. Alien?

No... Any alien species/civilization/evolution with enough intelligence, ingenuity, and technology to make the trip ALL THE WAY here... Only to see how self-destructive, self-centered, and ridiculous we are... Would have already nuked us, taken our natural resources, and chirped out. So, not just no... No flippin' way.

Last edited:
even if 'life is rare', life existing on the one planet out of 660 Billion is more rare by orders of magnitude
i like the theory that life began on earth bc a meteor impact chipped off a piece of Mars and that landed on Earth and that began the whole thing - while a rare occurrence, that has to have happened millions to billions of times

We really need a magnitude of more funding for Nasa. We may find simple life in our own solar system. We have Venus with it's phosphine biomarkers in the atmosphere, and Europa's oceans to explore right in our own backyard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom