Poll Do you think Corona Virus stay at home orders should be lifted? (Mod edited title) (1 Viewer)

Should stay at home orders be lifted?

• Yes

Votes: 40 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 78 60.9%
  • Tacoes

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters
Just as the Federal Government gave a guideline, a pretty thorough plan, then left it up to each state to open accordingly, our Governor should let each parish or district decide. If 50 of our parishes have more than exceeded Phase 1 requirements, we shouldn't have to suffer because New Orleans has poor leadership.

If he was looking at New Orleans only we could open up tomorrow. It's West Felician, the Shreveport area, and the Monroe area that kept the state of Louisiana closed. New Orleans has been on a sever downward trend for over two weeks.

The West Feliciana increase is almost all in the prison. I think they've had something like less than 10 people in the regular population test positive in the last week... something low like that that shocked me when i heard their representative explain why he is opening things on the radio.

That is not what the Governor said.

This will confuse some people.
I'm confused no matter how he words it. :shrug:

Perhaps the answer might be different depending on where you live and what you intend to do with your new 'freedom'. :scratch:

While there lots of frustrated and/or politically motivated people that want to lift restrictions for dumb reasons there are also people waiting on 'elective' surgeries that will eventually become non-elective or create other health problems,

I believe that the Governor has allowed elective surgeries to go forward as of I think last week.

As far as opening Orleans, I tend to agree, but the problem with this whole thing is it doesn't respect our artificial boundaries. So, while it's true that New Orleans is doing great, it doesn't do much good if we open and get flooded with people from places that have high rates of the virus. Which I don't think means that we need to stay totally shut, but it does mean there is cause for caution in proceeding.

We are, but considering what we are talking about, a drysuit might be best.
They make something called a 'dry suit' for swimming??? :hmm:
I thought a wet suit was supposed to keep you dry. Maybe they should call it a dry suit. :idee-puis-non:

They make something called a 'dry suit' for swimming??? :hmm:
I thought a wet suit was supposed to keep you dry. Maybe they should call it a dry suit. :idee-puis-non:

Wetsuits are made of rubber neoprene and are designed to keep you warm when wet, but unlike drysuits, they are not waterproof. So, if you have a loose fitting wetsuit you will get cold. ... Drysuits, on the other hand, are completely waterproof, but not designed for warmth if used alone .

No, I don't think they should stay in place but not because of the reasons most others think this way.

I personally think nobody is going to take it seriously enough to really do what is needed to get rid of the virus so it we would be struggling along with it for a year or more anyway and the economy can't sustain that. We screwed the pooch so badly that it has to get much worse before it can get better. The idiots will have to see the economy is going to get decimated with or without stay at home orders and when most people know people dying from Covid then they'll quit with the brainwashed stupidity and we can actually get coordinated as a country and get rid of this thing. It takes 2 months of real lock downs, huge amounts of widely available testing and contact tracing to knock it down. Until we realize that people are going to die and the economy is going to collapse.

Wetsuits are made of rubber neoprene and are designed to keep you warm when wet, but unlike drysuits, they are not waterproof. So, if you have a loose fitting wetsuit you will get cold. ... Drysuits, on the other hand, are completely waterproof, but not designed for warmth if used alone .
I knew if I stuck around here long enough it would eventually pay off. :youpi-12:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom