NFL Do you think Jon Gruden will finish his contract ? (1 Viewer)

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
I think he does. He’s going to be like CSP is here. 10 year contract though.....Just heard him on Sirius radio and he still sounds like he has that fire. I think the only way he leaves or retires is if they win the super bowl.

My first thought is that hell no he won't, but he just might make the Raiders good enough to hold on to his job. The division is winnable, and it may be that way for a while. KC has a rookie gunslinger at QB. The Chargers are a good team but they always flame out. And Denver is all defense... zero offense. So Gruden has a chance to stick around.

Odds are against it

Odds are low that any head coach is going to last a decade with one team

This is gruden’s third go around

Has any coach lasted ten years on their 3rd team?

Has any coach lasted 5 years on their 3rd team?

He will be gone within four years.
I don’t know...doesn’t he have a three year buffer due to the moving of the team?
I don’t think anything he does prior to the move will matter and I figure they will give him at least 3 years after to get it together and have a winning record.

if the bengals ever fire (lol probably never) marvin lewis, he should try for that hc job. its almost like a supreme court nomination; in it for life.

To me it depends. Why did he quit coaching last time? If anyone is thinking he has to win to keep a job in Vegas, I beg to differ. Wins and loses likely wont matter, as long as he covers the spread.

My question is this: Was the # 1 reason for hiring Gruden more: A) To sell more tickets when they move to Vegas or
B) To push them to SB contenders?

I think he gets four years for sure. Now, if they somehow win two out of the next four SB's, then he could get to 10 years ( Pending he doesn't retire). Most coaches who win at least one SB, get a lot of rope. Alot!!

He will make it to whatever the date is for a bonus payout when he does not have to pay California Income Tax. That will be 2020 or so. I would guess he might be "employed" and paid by the team for 10 years, but I doubt he coaches them for 10 years. He might leave early to get even more money on TV again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom