Saints Do you think Payton Turner has the juice to be a hidden gem 🤔. Lets see (merged) (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Thank you. Dav might not have filled the stat sheet, but just by merely watching the games you could tell the difference in the D-lines ability to pressure the Qb.

With that post you presented actual data.

I think Turner is going to put in some serious work this spring and summer. Him along with Dav, Grandy, and Cam are going to be extremely disruptive against opposing QBs

Reaction score
His demeanor seems to be very different from Davenport, pleasant, upbeat and that's great, maybe half the battle there. Now if he can spread it over to Davenport. Then bring that fire on gameday, I'm all for this dude.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
His demeanor seems to be very different from Davenport, pleasant, upbeat and that's great, maybe half the battle there. Now if he can spread it over to Davenport. Then bring that fire on gameday, I'm all for this dude.
I notice that too. Even before the draft watching some of his interviews, he was the same way.

Reaction score
Davenport is a monster, freak of an athlete. To be so physically and athletically similar is not a bad thing. The problem is, Davenport has been slower to develop, partly due to staying nicked up here and there. If this guy can develop a little quicker, that would be awesome. The door is still not closed on Davenport. I imagine a world where both of these guys live up to their full potential, and become an absolute nightmare for QBs. Here's to hoping. I at least hope one of them turns into a nightmare for QBs.
I’d wager Dav turns it up this season barring injuries and Turner on the Onyemata production timeline with similar impact. He may actually come along faster with DE requiring less experience to be productive than DT.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Davenport is a very good player, and when healthy we’re a better team, but he and Hendrickson were rarely in the game at the same time, so I think it was more Hendrickson’s improvement than Davenport’s presence that improved our pressures.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All I know for sure is that he looks the part. That's a big dude and he doesn't look like he has a lot of bad weight.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Davenport had 1.5 sacks and 12 total tackles last year.

Picking up his 5th year option is strictly a function of giving up 2 first rounders to get him, not his performance to date.

Sacks (as a singular stat) are overrated IMO. That said, MD was clearly not healthy most of the year. When he is healthy you notice him, our pass rush is better. IF he can stay healthy this year, he will make a difference.

Folks are acting like he hasn't performed and he is a bust, that is simply not true....

RiverRat

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Hidden gem? We’re talking first rounder, should be nothing hidden about it. I trust the scouts and coaches until proven otherwise. I expect him to play like a late first round / early second talent.

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
His motor and attitude I like more than when davenport came in to
That’s the first difference that stood out to me. Not to take anything away from Davenports motor, but this guys attitude just jumps out differently.

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Then he missed pro day with Turf Toe. But that’s fair. I thought it was more games that he missed in his sophomore year than just two.
Lol that’s a pro day, not a game, doesn’t count.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom