Saints Do you think Payton Turner has the juice to be a hidden gem 🤔. Lets see (merged) (1 Viewer)

Thank you. Dav might not have filled the stat sheet, but just by merely watching the games you could tell the difference in the D-lines ability to pressure the Qb.

With that post you presented actual data.

I think Turner is going to put in some serious work this spring and summer. Him along with Dav, Grandy, and Cam are going to be extremely disruptive against opposing QBs

His demeanor seems to be very different from Davenport, pleasant, upbeat and that's great, maybe half the battle there. Now if he can spread it over to Davenport. Then bring that fire on gameday, I'm all for this dude.

His demeanor seems to be very different from Davenport, pleasant, upbeat and that's great, maybe half the battle there. Now if he can spread it over to Davenport. Then bring that fire on gameday, I'm all for this dude.
I notice that too. Even before the draft watching some of his interviews, he was the same way.

Davenport is a monster, freak of an athlete. To be so physically and athletically similar is not a bad thing. The problem is, Davenport has been slower to develop, partly due to staying nicked up here and there. If this guy can develop a little quicker, that would be awesome. The door is still not closed on Davenport. I imagine a world where both of these guys live up to their full potential, and become an absolute nightmare for QBs. Here's to hoping. I at least hope one of them turns into a nightmare for QBs.
I’d wager Dav turns it up this season barring injuries and Turner on the Onyemata production timeline with similar impact. He may actually come along faster with DE requiring less experience to be productive than DT.

Davenport is a very good player, and when healthy we’re a better team, but he and Hendrickson were rarely in the game at the same time, so I think it was more Hendrickson’s improvement than Davenport’s presence that improved our pressures.

All I know for sure is that he looks the part. That's a big dude and he doesn't look like he has a lot of bad weight.

Davenport had 1.5 sacks and 12 total tackles last year.

Picking up his 5th year option is strictly a function of giving up 2 first rounders to get him, not his performance to date.

Sacks (as a singular stat) are overrated IMO. That said, MD was clearly not healthy most of the year. When he is healthy you notice him, our pass rush is better. IF he can stay healthy this year, he will make a difference.

Folks are acting like he hasn't performed and he is a bust, that is simply not true....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom