Do you think rest of the NFL teams start copying Saints with their own Taysom Hill type plays? (1 Viewer)

mrperrino

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Seems Saints we’re caught off guard and got taste f their own medicine today with Ravens using backup QB...Rams and Vikings and Steelers May try same?

I don't know how many Taysom Hill's in the world are there though?

I'm inclined to say yes but I think the number of people capable of playing all of these roles is even less than the number of people out there that could be great pass rushers or great QBs.

We didnt get caught off by Jackson. The Ravens have been using him all year like that. We just didnt execute.

But no not many teams have a Hill or Jackson for back ups. Real threat to actually throw the ball. One day Hill will throw it. We are getting him more and more involved.

Taysom Hill is a special talent. I was happy to see him run the toss play from Brees with Kamara in motion to the opposite side. I was wondering when Payton would straight up rush with Hill.

There’s so many combinations and permutations that the defenses are seeing something new every game.

That’s the formula and I promise you these coordinators will miss out on our other more traditional sets.

You can have a bunch formation with Kamara in motion Brees under center. Pitch to Hill. Fake the run and pass it to TQS for a deep pass.

Endless possibilities!

This is not something new. Does anyone remember the wildcat formation?

I don't know any other backup qb that can play special teams like Hill can. He seems to be on the tackles of the returners nearly every time. He fields kickoffs better than some receivers do.

No cause it takes a special player to do what Taysom Hill does. You won’t find too many QBs that are that tough much less fast as lightning. He’s had a year of building his body up and getting used to being hit a lot by playing special teams. So he’s used to contact and making tackles.

He’s also really, really smart in that he went to BYU and can handle all the different assignments he’s given each game. Not too many players could handle that work load and remember all the different plays he is used on. I don’t think we will ever see another player that can do all what he does and do it with such ease. He’s one of a kind. They may try to duplicate him, but I don’t see anyone getting anywhere close to being able to do what he does each game.

First you gotta have a Taysom Hill which is a rare find. They you need an MVP caliber passer on the field also. And throw in a Camaro to guard against when facing the read option. You got all that, yeah I’d copy Payton’s playbook.

I don't know how many Taysom Hill's in the world are there though?

I'm inclined to say yes but I think the number of people capable of playing all of these roles is even less than the number of people out there that could be great pass rushers or great QBs.
I don't know any other backup qb that can play special teams like Hill can. He seems to be on the tackles of the returners nearly every time. He fields kickoffs better than some receivers do.

I’ve always liked Taysom. Even back when some were clamoring to hang onto Savage (lol) but he is starting to literally amaze me with his versatility, and exceptional talent at so many positions.
To me, he exemplifies that old tweener saying.....
He’s just flat out an athlete.

Seems Saints we’re caught off guard and got taste f their own medicine today with Ravens using backup QB...Rams and Vikings and Steelers May try same?
Not unless they have a Taysom Hill on the roster, or a Lamar Jackson like the Ravens

Hill ran this offense and was effective in it in college. He's also got a rare combination of strength and speed. A great athlete.

An ordinary player who may have played some option QB at some time in career might not be as compelling to add this to the offense in significant doses.

Not unless they have a Taysom Hill on the roster, or a Lamar Jackson like the Ravens

Hill ran this offense and was effective in it in college. He's also got a rare combination of strength and speed. A great athlete.

An ordinary player who may have played some option QB at some time in career might not be as compelling to add this to the offense in significant doses.

Interestingly Lamar is being lambasted on the Ravens board I was perusing. By most. Some would like him to be their QB. Others loathe his use in games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom