Do You Think Sean Payton Would be Able to Fix Jay Cutler? (1 Viewer)

Jay Cutler's so nondescript, I didn't even know there was a cigarette meme on him.

The only admirable thing about Cutler is that he has had a pro sports career while living with Type 1 Diabetes.

As a QB, even in those sporadic times where he's playing well, he exudes zero leadership or people skills. We would hope we never have him on our roster.

The bad part for us is that Grayson was a dud and a waste of a 3rd round pick, and McCown is the prototypical backup QB with the limited skill set that could only work in a short time frame.

I think he can. Might just be a bit late... I think reading different articles, watching interviews, the guy is not a bad dude. Brees turned into an Hall of Fame under Payton. He was a good college QB (hold a few awards and big ten records), had a pretty good start with the Saints and jumped to another level in 2009 !!!

I would not expect Cutler to turn into Brees, but I strongly believed he would a top 10 QB in the league under Payton.

Start the red thumbing :)

Payton did not turn Brees into a HOF QB. Brees already had that. He was the top QB in college while in college. He had some good years in San Diego. Whatever system that he has been in, he's excelled.

Remember that Brees has made Payton great much more than the other way around...

Payton did not turn Brees into a HOF QB. Brees already had that. He was the top QB in college while in college. He had some good years in San Diego. Whatever system that he has been in, he's excelled.

Remember that Brees has made Payton great much more than the other way around...
Purdue went to the Rose Bowl behind Brees. They were irrelevant before Brees and faded out immediately after Brees.

That's a cautionary tale for us. Brees made this all go moreso than Payton. There was a multiplier effect on the offense having the two together and taking an aggressive offense first approach, but you were still going to get great QB play but that still needed help from the other units to contend. And there's been a price to having such relative low contribution to winning from defense and special teams.

Cutler's issues are attitude related, nothing else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom