Do You Think Sean Payton Would Introduce a Pass Catching Fullback to this Offense? (1 Viewer)

I think it would be another way of keeping defenses guessing in regards to how the Saints attack them. When I say pass catching fullback I'm referring to someone like former Cardinals fullback Larry Centers for those that remember. He was way ahead of his time at the position.

Interesting idea Derrick! With SP, we never know. If he does, i humbly put my name in the hat for the position. Coach Pete has me down to a 6.2 40 and a 7" vertical. Yes, i know that i am a slow white guy who cant .jump, but i want a tryout lol

I really wanted the Saints to pick up Sam Rogers, the Fullback/H-Back from Virginia Tech, in the 2017 draft or as a free agent afterwards. I just thought he was someone that Payton could really find a role for. It obviously wasn't to be, but I still think that kind of skill set could add a nice wrinkle to a diverse offense like the one Payton deploys.

The team wanted Alec Ingold, but he signed elsewhere as a UDFA. But that doesn't signal some grand plan to overhaul how we use the FB, it's just talent acquisition.

I'd think so, remember how he used Heath Evans? I thought he was going to the pro bowl if he kept it up.

I think it's more about who he can get, players who can catch don't usually play FB.
Have you ever heard of John L. Williams? Look him up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom