Do You Think That Brees Has Been Warned/Advised Against Making Any More Comments Against Goodell (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
I have been watching a few interviews lately and when asked pointedly about his feeling about how the commisioner handled "Bounty Gate" his responses have been sorta canned, "I have made how I feel about this pretty well known..pretty clear." (I am paraphrasing but that is the gist.) Do you think that someone has warned him about his pretty straightforward criticism of that buffoonidiot Goodell? If so, is it someone in the Saints Organization or the NFL itself?

Also, instead of feeling JUST sheer pride, every time the tv shows put up our offensive ranking of points 28.8 ppg (1st in NFC) I get angry and frustrated that our defense gave up so many dayum yards and points. It's infuriating to waste what is possibly the greatest offense in the HISTORY of the NFL with the historic worst.

I'd bet Drew is wisely not giving anymore soundbites unless he has something new to say on the subject. I like his canned answer. Also, his initial comments have more impact if he doesn't try to beleaguer the point.

I think that there is a legitimate feeling of turning the page. No censorship since we heard Vitt yesterday.

Both sides are trying to cool off before the Superbowl. After, we may see fireworks if we don't get our second rounder back.

No real point in him making any more comments.

The snake aint going to change its spots any more than the leopard.

What's to be gained by speaking out? In time I'm sure he'll reflect, but it may not be until his career is over. He has to work in this organization under the direction to some degree of the commissioner.

It's frustrating what's happened, but it did happen and he's got to move on and do his job.

We, as fans, can make our feelings known, but at this point I'm about ready to look forward too.

At this point, Bountygate has an ending (not closure bc of lack of evidence), but an ending of sort. From this point on, the players and coaches should just go out practice 110%, play 110%, and just "Win Baby"! Winning cures all.

He's probably just tired of answering the same questions repeatedly and he's ready to move on.

Yes, I do. And (just pure speculation here but the timing is impeccable) I think it was Payton who had a talk with him.

Not that the players were constantly shooting their mouths off, yet Brees has been pretty forthright and honest about his feelings on the matter this season in several interviews.

Payton made it pretty clear today that he wanted some measure of closure on bountygate and to "move on" and he directly answered a reporter's question about "convincing the players to do the same" by answering bluntly: "I'll handle it."

So if there's any change in Brees's tone towards questions regarding the commissioner, I think it's coming directly from Payton himself.

I didn't catch Payton's discussion with Herbert this evening, but I bet he communicated the same sort of message he had in his press conference today. I also think that Payton is making a special effort to get in front of the press to get the message of "moving on" and "closure" to the fans and further driving the point home to the players.

I'm not sure how it will effect Vilma's decision whether or not to proceed with the civil suit against Goodell, but I have the feeling we'll begin hearing less and less about bountygate from the organization with the effort of just well, we've got work to do and we're moving on.

I think he is just ready to put this crap behind him and is getting tired of the same repetitive questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

He would not heed a direct threat
Coach telling him that a draft pick is tied up in his staying mum is another thing

Coach indicated as much in his presser

It's over. We'll find out later about the draft pick. Everyone just wants to move on and put all this behind them.

Hopefully Payton is directing it and setting the tone of moving on. Nothing will change, but at least by moving on and focusing on next year there will be less digging up the sore spot. Answer it, move on and plan for the Super Bowl next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom