Do you think there will be a 2020 season? (1 Viewer)

Do you think there will be a 2020 NFL Season

• Yes

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 50 54.3%
  • Yes, reduced number of games

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • Yes, but with a lot of star players out

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
At this point, what is your gut telling you guys? Do you think there will be a 2020 season, or do you think they will cancel it?
If we do have a season, do you think it will be reduced number of games or other strangeness like star players refusing to play and more backups starting?

I know there are other threads on this, but wanted an up to date poll to see what you guys think.

My gut is telling me we are going to be back to thousands of people dying a day soon after the fourth of july. Were going to have to shut everything else again and then hopefully people will get on board with the mask thing when we reopen like the rest of the world did since the countries that wore masks have mostly beaten wave 1. The USA may never get a second wave becaause we cant even end the first one. It's pathetic.

No School
No Team sports

Yeah man... it doesn’t look promising. I think it’s only a matter of time before they flush the season.
They’ll push it and stall as long as they can though.

Reduced season like the strike shortened 9 game season.

My gut is telling me we are going to be back to thousands of people dying a day soon after the fourth of july. Were going to have to shut everything else again and then hopefully people will get on board with the mask thing when we reopen like the rest of the world did since the countries that wore masks have mostly beaten wave 1. The USA may never get a second wave becaause we cant even end the first one. It's pathetic.

No School
No Team sports

Yeah. The no school thing is killer. My wife and I were lucky enough to keep our jobs during this but now one of us will need to quit our jobs to essentially homeschool our child — all because some dimwits believed this virus was a political hoax. Very sad and very discouraging.

As much as I’d love to see some football, at this point, I just want my money back because I’ll be needing it this fall since we’ll be a one income household.

I really don’t care about sports coming back this year anymore. I just want people to be safe and more thoughtful about their health and the health of others because I’m absolutely sick of hearing about this damn virus and we are sadly only in the first stretch of a long several months to come.

I'm really not a negative person but I don't see if happening. If it does it will probably get cut short.

The prime example. Say somebody on the team tested positive. Does the whole team, coaches, personal etc have to be quarantined for two weeks? So that's two weeks of football missed.

I'm really not a negative person but I don't see if happening. If it does it will probably get cut short.

The prime example. Say somebody on the team tested positive. Does the whole team, coaches, personal etc have to be quarantined for two weeks? So that's two weeks of football missed.
Yeah. The logistics just don’t make sense. There’s literally no scenario that doesn’t get absolutely annihilated by a small cluster of positives by a single team.

Here’s the schedule for the 1982 Washington team when the season was cut to 9 games. I think the season is gonna go similar to this.

A21C0E65-DC07-42C5-B0D3-E8B10A6875F5.jpeg

I see no way. Here on the west coast we are shutting back down again due to rising cases. Arizona, Texas, Floriduh, Georgia, Louisiana are all having issues of some level. That’s 10. Throw in Carolina that’s a third of the NFL in states where it’s pretty ugly right now. Put that on the top of players starting to get antsy about their long term health if they catch it and the potential damage to their lungs which would kill their career, I simply don’t see any situation where it’s a go.

MLB is about to start guessing it will have to go without any new cases for the NFL to have a shot at playing this season. Curious has the NFL even talked about a shorter season at all ? I have only heard about a shorter pre-season..... As much as I love football rather see them make a statement and cancel the season.

I doubt seriously if there will be a season and looking forward to getting my return on my season tickets, on the bright side I have a feeling if the season is indeed cancelled Goodell wont be back next year

Golf and Tennis has survived so far, so that's good news.

We will get a better idea with basketball or baseball. If they shut those down, football is done.

We will know by early to mid August.

I voted no, although I was a yes up until about a few weeks ago when all these college football players started testing positive. Just not a good sign.

Nope . Season is donzo. Makes the no call hurt even more . Now this amazing roster isn’t likely going to compete it’s a shame

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom