Do you think there will be an NFL season this year? (1 Viewer)

Will the NFL have a season this year?

• Yes

Votes: 82 71.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 28.7%

• Total voters

SaintsBrah

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
NFL free agency has been a godsend of a distraction from the chaos we’re all dealing with as a nation.

However- current projections suggest this could last many months.

Do you think we will have any NFL this year given where we are now? I sure hope so

NFL free agency has been a godsend of a distraction from the chaos we’re all dealing with as a nation.

However- current projections suggest this could last many months.

Do you think we will have any NFL this year given where we are now? I sure hope so

See saintmike23’s thread started on Thursday:
“Will the 2020 season be cancelled?” in SSF

Sure hope there is a season, if even partially. But as of right now, we have no chance with this stuff getting worse with every passing day.

If not, we can have each fan base find their best Madden player and have the virtual season.
Yes its a terrible idea, but I'm thinking with sand here.

Um, yeah, easily. This society simply isn't tough enough for six months of bunker mode, and the billionaires who actually run this country are not going to watch their business empires crumble over a virus that kills a scant percentage of healthy people under 60. It's just not going to happen.

Public sentiment right now is aligned with "doing the right thing" because there are a lot of silver linings attached to staying home, which helps to offset a decent portion of the bad that comes along with this direction. When people are faced with actual starvation, and powerful businesses are faced with losses they cannot ever recover from, and state unemployment funds are starting to run dry, official and public sentiment are pretty quickly going to shift to "fork this, we're moving on" regardless of how many people/senior citizens die. Especially when the reality is that pretty much everyone who is going to get this virus is going to get it anyway, no matter what we do. We all know this deep down. Give it three or four weeks at most and the tide is going to start turning, regardless of the outcome.

It wouldn't even surprise me if training camp starts on time.

I don't think we have a season this year, at least not without some significant changes and protocols. I've read best & worst case scenarios on how this plays out from epidemiologists and it's possible that there could be a second wave in the Fall, as what happened with the Spanish Flu. Being that a vaccine may not be available until early next year, there may still need to be social distancing practices needed. They could possibly play games in empty stadiums, with strict health screening protocols for players.

On the other hand, some project that this thing could burn out after the summer and things returning to normal in the July / August time frame. In that case, we might have a normal season. Even in that case though....would the players be allowed to practice during sprint training, camps, drills etc? How prepared will they be?

I was sure planning a Vegas trip as soon as schedule came out, now not so sure about it
Is there any reason the season could not start a month or two later if needed?

They will play the season but with empty stadiums, you know, like Atlanta does every year

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom