Do you think there will be an NFL season this year? (1 Viewer)

Will the NFL have a season this year?

• Yes

Votes: 82 71.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 28.7%

• Total voters
It all comes down to the contracts. The players will refuse to play if they get paid no matter what. The owners will try to force the season if the tv contracts allow the networks to get out. Follow the money. I don't see the networks paying if we're still in a mass state of disruption. The tv ads would be worthless because the companys paying for them will be unable to sell/produce the goods.

People seem to think that this is a nuclear holocaust! I’m pretty sure all this will start to blow over in May/June.

I'm hoping when it gets hot, by June the hot weather will KILL this Covid19 virus, and that will be the end of it.
Growing up in the upper 9th every year during the cold weather months we would get the flu, but as soon as the Summer
heat rolled in the flu went away until the next Winter.

I'm also thinking the season will be delayed or shortened, but we will have a 2020 season.

People seem to think that this is a nuclear holocaust! I’m pretty sure all this will start to blow over in May/June.

Don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade but this won’t “blow over” without a vaccine and we are probably a year from that.

This virus is a monster and it is believed that it spreads as easy as the common cold, so I can’t see a reasonable scenario where people are allowed to gather in groups of tens of thousands in a little less than 6 months from now.

Maybe im wrong. I’m not a scientist, so all I know is from what’s been reported and anecdotal evidence. But it’s still really spooky.

Will this go away in warmer months?
The answer is probably not.
"Seasonality does not constrain pandemic viruses the way it does old ones. This pattern is common for flu pandemics."

Not to mention it will be winter in the southern hemisphere. Right now it's warm and Brazil has 1546 cases, Australia has 1300 so far

Last edited:
No.

Let's say the virus peaks this summer. Maybe June. We still will have several months of monitoring and possible residual outbreaks after everyone starts the communal thing again. I hate to say it because **#$&*@# I want some football AND I can't wait to travel to Vegas to cheer on the Saints this year...But it doesn't seem that the virus will suddenly just 'vanish' conveniently giving us several months to test that crowds of 70k plus is a good idea...

Who Dat and hoping I'm wrong...

Models are predicting a second peak in November/December.

Canada just said they are not sending their athletes to the Olympics.

It's not looking good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom