Do you view the Caesar Ruiz pick as a need or a want for the Saints? (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
How do you guys view it? I think it was more of a want than anything, but I understand the pick. Overall, I support the decision.

Need. Warford was bad last year, despite what PFF may say.

If we let him go (or trade him), it will also free up some now money for a potential new deal for one of our young core players.

I wouldn’t say it was a glaring need, but a need none the less. Vikings destroyed us with inside pressure.

Need. He can replace Peat when he gets hurt or gets kicked out when Armstead gets hurt. With the potentially abbreviated off-season he doesn't have to start right away,

It’s a teeth grinding need. These guys have not been fresh at the end of the season. We need younger players able to compete at a high level into February.
It’s not forgone that Warford is gone. He might be a backup getting paid 12 million.

It’s a teeth grinding need. These guys have not been fresh at the end of the season. We need younger players able to compete at a high level into February.
It’s not forgone that Warford is gone. He might be a backup getting paid 12 million.
They not paying him 12 mill to be a backup.

If we are going to rebuild our offence after Drew retires, starting from the OL is huge. I'd say it is a smart move rather than drafting an unknown QB. We can sign a FA QB if we have a strong line.

It was IMO a smart move that really was a need. This at best was going to be Warfords last year with the salary he is earning and the need next year to sign some of our young stars. The Saints now put themselves in a position that they can jettison Warford via trade or release, relieve themselves of a huge salary hit and most importantly hopefully get better on the OL. Good move, not sexy, but think about what we did with Ram a couple of years ago and how that worked out!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom