Do you want Brees to retire? (1 Viewer)

Do you want Brees to retire?

• Yes

Votes: 294 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 128 30.3%

• Total voters
Jesus....Drew made the call to Payton and Payton accidentally spilled the beans. Are we done?

Well if u say he made the call, the better question is are u done LoL
U don't think Defensive pressure can do those things to a QB? Lol

If he was able to attempt a deep pass then apparently there wasn't enough pressure to prevent it. And unless the ball is str8up swatted out of the QB's hand, pressure alone don't usually cause fumbles unless there's some poor ball control, or skiddishness

I'm looking forward to u being consistent for whomever the new QB is & use the same excuses for him too

The fumble he had a DL hanging on him and two more coming. The ball slipped out when he tried to throw it but he was hit. Yeah the blocking was piss poor on that play...and most of the game. The INT ended up being double coverage with the safety coming over. Third and long. He took a shot and basically saw an interception as a punt. We'll see a lot more of both with Jameis or Taysom than we will with Drew.

So there should be no problems than, if we're only going to get the same results!!!

Yes and No.

No
: Because all his records are going to get broken if he cant extend them.

Yes: Retiring this season improves his chances at being a first ballot HoFer. He definitely doesnt want to retire the same season as Brady, JJ Watt, Rodgers, AP, Gronkowski, Larry Fitzgerald, Aaron Donald, Patrick Peterson, Russel Wilson. There are a limited amount of HoF slots every year, he doesnt want to retire into a HoF Heavy class.

If he is 100% healthy, and if we believe he can stay healthy for the season, then yes. I don't think he will be able to stay healthy. He has missed 9 games in the last 2 years, and he was too injured to play in the playoffs. (so were MT13 and TS) Like some have mentioned, I don't want him to just hang on and waste away.

I voted yes. But, hate to see it end. But, I also would hate to see it end even worse than what we started seeing the last few years. And, even worse, I would hate to see him get seriously injured.

The offense is so limited with Brees, but if he wants to not retire and play another year, then darn it he can and I will root for him! At a discounted rate of course lol. He can’t expect to consume a big chunk of the salary cap because of his high football IQ and preparation.

I think there is a 50/50 chance that Brees is on the opening day roster in 2021. I also think that he will be on the roster for $1 million in 2021 and that Loomis works some magic to get the Brees cap hit in 2021 WAY down. I think the Brees situation right now is partially being driven by the Saints asking Brees to work with them on future cap room by further spreading out money to hit the 2022 and 2023 caps.

Any cap experts out there who can do this math? This is just an idea I had, not sure if it works in reality.

I think there is a 50/50 chance that Brees is on the opening day roster in 2021. I also think that he will be on the roster for $1 million in 2021 and that Loomis works some magic to get the Brees cap hit in 2021 WAY down. I think the Brees situation right now is partially being driven by the Saints asking Brees to work with them on future cap room by further spreading out money to hit the 2022 and 2023 caps.

Any cap experts out there who can do this math? This is just an idea I had, not sure if it works in reality.
I think he’s just waiting to see how the Russell Wilson thing shakes out. If Wilson really wants to be here, Brees will come back. Wild speculation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom