Do you want Brees to retire? (1 Viewer)

Do you want Brees to retire?

• Yes

Votes: 294 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 128 30.3%

• Total voters
If he pulls that crap again, I would be so P'Oed.
I know. I think this week is going to be his announcement. Free agency starts on the 17th and legal tampering 3 days before. If the saints are looking at keeping Winston, they need to get closure on Brees.

Here’s my two cents. The Saints already know Drew Brees’ decision. Brees originally signed with the Saints on March 14, 2006. I think he does a retirement press conference next Sunday March 14th. That’ll be 15 years to the day he signed his first Saints contract. It also happens to be the day the legal tampering period begins, so it’s a perfect ending. That’s really the only reason I can see him holding out this long if he’s not coming back for the 2021 season.

I think he’s just waiting to see how the Russell Wilson thing shakes out. If Wilson really wants to be here, Brees will come back. Wild speculation.
I generally would be quick to dismiss this notion. I'm not sure if the whole Brady to New Orleans thing drove his decision to return. We are all not in the loop and it's seems like speculation. I'm not sure we will ever know.

Do you want Brees to retire? The Saints have I think the best regular season record in the NFL over the past 4 years. I think it’s crazy to say he’s incapable. Or is he a choke artist?

I think the Saints already know if he's coming back or not. There is too much mutual respect to let it get to a couple of weeks before free agency and not know. Sean Payton is generally 2-3 steps ahead of everyone. He is a master scenario planner. I think SP knows.

I'd be surprised if Drew returned.

Not saying he is or isn’t.

But that exact situation played out last year when Brady wanted to come to New Orleans. And you could easily make the case it cost us a chance at a Super Bowl.

Well when Brees says, "Yeah I was gonna retire but when I heard that Brady might be coming here I decided not to"...I will believe it.

Well when Brees says, "Yeah I was gonna retire but when I heard that Brady might be coming here I decided not to"...I will believe it.

I believe it no matter what Drew says or doesn't say. Considering players commented how he stated he was retiring in last year's pro bowl. Hell, Wilson gave up his starting spot to Drew based on the news.

Nobody thinks that Tom Brady told Drew Brees after the game, with Brees kids there etc... to come back for one more go around? That Tom told Drew to play one more year and they BOTH retire after next season?......... no one knows....but imagine if Tom did tell Drew, “ Don’t retire yet...let’s compete one more year! Drew is competitive...he played unhealthy and possibly hurt the team....but to be 100% healthy next season?...... I think Drew is coming back and every Saints fan should be kissing Drew’s butt.... let him go out on his terms his way, win or lose....in front of the fans one last time.....

Nobody thinks that Tom Brady told Drew Brees after the game, with Brees kids there etc... to come back for one more go around? That Tom told Drew to play one more year and they BOTH retire after next season?......... no one knows....but imagine if Tom did tell Drew, “ Don’t retire yet...let’s compete one more year! Drew is competitive...he played unhealthy and possibly hurt the team....but to be 100% healthy next season?...... I think Drew is coming back and every Saints fan should be kissing Drew’s butt.... let him go out on his terms his way, win or lose....in front of the fans one last time.....
Highly doubt it. I think I saw yesterday that Brady and the Bucs were working on a new deal

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom