Do you want Brees to retire? (1 Viewer)

Do you want Brees to retire?

• Yes

Votes: 294 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 128 30.3%

• Total voters
IF Brees really has a torn rotator cuff like his wife said then theres no way he will be ready. I just dont see it.

I been foresaw this. The best ending for Brees' career was after winning another Lombardi, obviously. But failing that, the best possible ending is one where we are the ones who move on from him first. Not when he retires because he literally can't play anymore due to injury or just declining skill and ability.

This team is equipped to win without Brees. It's for the best for all parties.

Yes. Anybody who still thinks he's the best option especially when the post season comes needs to take off their homer glasses. Allowing your love for a player to supersede what's best for the team is lunacy. Our offense has been shrunk year after year because of his lack of arm strength. Our "genius" of a coach has had to constantly design game plans with passes no more than 15 yards. In turn we have made poor defenses look good against us because playing us has become elementary. Many will point to the 12-4 record and ignore how dominant our defense was during some of those games.

We all love Drew. He's the greatest to ever wear the uniform. But his play has decreased to a level that will prevent us from winning when it matters most. Therefore it is time for him to hang it up.
Great explanation as to how I feel as well spot on

Over the past 3 years the Saints have surrounded a 40+ year old Brees 3 of the top 5 saints teams the saints have ever had...and the result was 3 straight division titles and 0 superbowls because sometimes, none that matters in the playoffs. Lesser teams and lesser QBs have won SBs. Rings may be the ultimate stat but rarely is it based on individual production, nor should it be.

With or without Brees, it's likely we won't even have as good of a team next year because of salary cap reasons, so it's highly unlikely the results will be better.

He's got a ring and his ticket is punched for the hof. What else does he need to prove?

He deserves to retire, IMO.

I voted No. I think current Drew Brees, when healthy, is better than either Taysom or Jameis. Like a few others have said, if we end up trading for Wilson then I absolutely think he should retire, although I don't think that trade even occurs if Drew plans on coming back so there's that. I'd say the same about Watson but it looks like the Texans are ready to test his resolve, which could obviously change in the coming months but for now I just don't see it happening.

Physically obviously Jameis has all the tools but I've not seen anything out of him in his time that suggests he's capable of running the offense to the level a Drew Brees has, and whilst I understand that's unfair it's just the way I've seen it. His cameo this year didn't exactly fill me with confidence, and sure he made a great throw against TB in the playoffs but the receiver was wide open. Of course that could all chance with a full off-season as the presumptive starter but again I just feel like if both are healthy I'd rather roll with Drew.

As far as Brees deserving to retire, you could've said the same 5 or 6 years ago, if he wants to retire he'll retire, I'm basing my answer on him wanting to play and therefore what I think is best for the Saints and I think of the three options that don't involve a trade Brees is what's best for us.

I think it’s his time to retire I just would have liked for him to have his final game in front of the fans for a curtain call opportunity as well as not having his final pass be an interception.

I love Brees and wishes we could turn him back to his early career here and just stop at that age. But, he is 40. He is becoming that often injured older player. Routes have to be removed from the playbook, and passes beyond 6-7 yards are few and far between. We have all seen the stacking at the line daring Brees to throw deep. Now, he simply can’t. So yeah, I’d like to see him retire, walk away with his health and go on with his life and his next challenge

No.

This team will mostly still be intact for one more season.

Neither Wilson nor Watson will end up walking through the door, and neither Winston or Hill are going to win us a title.

Truthfully, if Brees decides to hang it up, they probably need to bring Bridgewater back.

I voted "no", as I do not want him to retire. However, I think he probably should, if for no other reason than the injuries he sustained this year.

20 years thats a very long career. A good overall season and a playoff victory is an excellent way to go out. Not too many QBs experience that at the end of thier careers.

If Brees is healed up and the fire is still in his belly, then I hope he comes back. Even with his limitations, he’s still a better QB than 3/4 of the starters in the league.

All y’all hoping and praying that he retires no matter what are grossly overestimating what comes next. Brees is one of the very best to ever play the position.

While he didn’t play near his best ball in the playoff loss... If Jared Cook doesn’t cough up the football, the Saints were on their way to taking control of that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom