Do you want Brees to retire? (1 Viewer)

Do you want Brees to retire?

• Yes

Votes: 294 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 128 30.3%

• Total voters
I think i have found the words to explain how i feel. The past two seasons have provided nothing but false hope. A really good, complete team in the regular season with occasional stretches of dominance. Then come playoff time the team collapses.

This was exacerbated by the 2020 season. N.O spanks and beats Tampa to bloody pulp in two in regular season games. Pure domination in all phases. Only to crater to Tampa in the postseason.

If Drew were to come back there wouldn't even be false hope to cling on to. At least with a new QB N.O can start the process of moving on. Should N.O land Russ or Watson there will be a reason to be very excited. Or who knows Winston might finally reach his potential with Payton's coaching and playcalling.

Last edited:
I watched this and it didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. The point that most of the other guys in his position have already announced, made me a little uneasy. I mean what exactly is he waiting for.

Hurts my heart, but voted yes. Greatest Saint of all time.

Could

Right but between Brees, Jameis, and Taysom, only an idiot would NOT put the best QB on the field. That is the bottom line.

LoL only an idiot would keep spinning their wheels, doin the same thing over & over expecting different outcomes. But yeah let's continue holding back the O, discouraging the other players & keeping Brittany stressed out just to keep the "breesus" cult happy đź‘Ś

Yes. As much as I love Drew, I'm a Saints fan, and in my opinion he no longer gives us the best shot at winning.

Only if:
  • We get Wilson or Mahommes to replace him
  • He's not healthier than he was in the second half of last season.
Anyone else would be a downgrade for at least a season or two if Drew really recovers his health and is not just "cleared-to-play".

Is the risk worth it? A lot of players retire while they can still play at a high level to preserve their long-term health. I'd venture to say most of them regret it and many try to come back.

I think a 43 year old Brees maybe still gives us the best chance to win regular season games but Jameis gives us a better chance to win playoff games. When your QB has the physical limitations Brees has, you have such little margin for error in the playoffs. You can't expect the offensive line, skill positions and the defense to play perfect games against elite competion, the QB needs to be able to make up for the team's mistakes with big plays/quick strikes.

We have to go 98-99 Denver Broncos for one last run with Drew. Might need to draft a fresh young back to go along with AK. Have them average about 30 carries combined. Only have Drew throw it about 15 to 20 times. That's the only they can win with Drew next season.

LoL only an idiot would keep spinning their wheels, doin the same thing over & over expecting different outcomes. But yeah let's continue holding back the O, discouraging the other players & keeping Brittany stressed out just to keep the "breesus" cult happy đź‘Ś
Dude let's let Payton make that call. I think he knows what he has in each QB a little better than u. But I'm willing to bet that if Brees wasn't considering retiring, Payton would not be pushing him out the door for Jameis to start

We have to go 98-99 Denver Broncos for one last run with Drew. Might need to draft a fresh young back to go along with AK. Have them average about 30 carries combined. Only have Drew throw it about 15 to 20 times. That's the only they can win with Drew next season.

I'm not sure that formula can win you a Super Bowl in today's NFL. Two seasons ago the Niners had a better defensive than we'll realistically have next season, an elite TE and running game and still couldn't quite get it done because Jimmy G couldn't make a handful of clutch throws while Mahomes could. It's really hard to see us bringing a run-first approach into knife fights with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, etc. and winning multiple playoff games.

I'm not sure that formula can win you a Super Bowl in today's NFL. Two seasons ago the Niners had a better defensive than we'll realistically have next season, an elite TE and running game and still couldn't quite get it done because Jimmy G couldn't make a handful of clutch throws while Mahomes could. It's really hard to see us bringing a run-first approach into knife fights with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, etc. and winning multiple playoff games.
Than he needs to retire then.

If he can throw a deep ball 40 yards or more and with his intellect, definitely. I think his previous shoulder injury is starting to manifest itself with the lack of long ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom