Do you want Brees to retire? (1 Viewer)

Do you want Brees to retire?

• Yes

Votes: 294 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 128 30.3%

• Total voters
No: Because I think he still can "play" even if the quality of that play has diminished each year since about 2017. (The quality being the various things he can do, not how well he does particular things. I.E., throw a 15 yard crossing route or read Match Cover 2)
Yes: Because I don't want his legacy to end with him playing until he's just plain bad. He's not there yet, but it's coming. I think 2020 was a great "last year" shot that just didn't pan out. Time for him to enjoy wife, kids, and the booth in retirement.

Oh ok so the OL caused him to throw a deep pick & fumble without getting hit LMAO really dude does Drew pay ur rent or sumthin?

The fumble he had a DL hanging on him and two more coming. The ball slipped out when he tried to throw it but he was hit. Yeah the blocking was piss poor on that play...and most of the game. The INT ended up being double coverage with the safety coming over. Third and long. He took a shot and basically saw an interception as a punt. We'll see a lot more of both with Jameis or Taysom than we will with Drew.

Last edited:
And didn’t mean squat.
I think most people forget that in the playoffs, the defenses are definitely a few steps up. Even bad defen
Actually Drew has yet to make an official call. Thus all the anticipation
Jesus....Drew made the call to Payton and Payton accidentally spilled the beans. Are we done?

only if he's 100% healthy. Not sure if that's even possible.

The fumble he had a DL hanging on him and two more coming. The ball slipped out when he tried to throw it but he was hit. Yeah the blocking was piss poor on that play...and most of the game. The INT ended up being double coverage with the safety coming over. Third and long. He took a shot and basically saw an interception as a punt. We'll see a lot more of both with Jameis or Taysom than we will with Drew.

And that's to be expected during a transition. I don't think anyone that favors beginning the post-Drew era thinks it's not going to be an adjustment period where who's next adjust, but that's what transitions involve. Do you really think New England regrets Brady leaving because he won a chip in Tampa? It's about the team ultimately, not the player. Unlike NE, Loomis and Payton have done everything they could to provide Brees with offensive weapons consistently and a solid O line. So what if we struggle to find a solid successor to Drew for a few years, it's not like our goal is to just make it to the playoffs. The evidence against Drew at this point is overwhelming. The team has him in a position to win the Bowl for four years and he has failed to get us over the hump plus he's not getting younger.

And it was still a terrible, unnecessary play when a field goal would’ve made a huge difference in the game.

And again, the blocking issue was largely because Minnesota could throw multiple players at the A gap and press with their DBs without fear of getting beaten over the top. That happened a ton in that game and we didn’t have the ability to take advantage. Our best play was “RUN TAYSOM, RUN!”

Of course it’s not all Drew’s fault. But hes no longer good enough to bail us out of bad situations. And his limitations lead us to more bad situations than alternative QBs would. It’s a sliding scale that’s slid in the wrong direction for good.

Do you want Brees to retire? The Saints have I think the best regular season record in the NFL over the past 4 years. I think it’s crazy to say he’s incapable. Or is he a choke artist?

Yes, I do. Not only for the team but also for himself. He just doesn’t have it anymore. The playoffs proved that. We had the best roster in the league and he just couldn’t get it done.

it’s better for him and the team cap wise, and for the future, to just end it. People need to realize we were 8-1 without Brees and that’s because of Payton. But we only have probably 8-10 more years of Payton. It’s crucial to use those years to try and find the next QB. If he can win and improve Taysom and Teddy, he can develop another top 10 QB for the franchise before he retires.

That is the goal.

In this years playoffs, DB was only able to float the ball for 20 yards at best. There was also no zip on the ball and barely even a tight spiral throw. Had the Saints beaten the Bucs they probably would not have made it past Green Bay. Unfortunately, I think the window of opportunity closed for DB during the no call game against the Rams.

He coulda just took the sack in Vikes territory. Pretty sure that wasn't on 4th down. Perhaps he did see the long pass as just a punt but it don't take away from the fact that both were momentum swinging turnovers that ur making excuses for. Neither play had to end in turnovers

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom