Do you want Brees to retire? (1 Viewer)

Do you want Brees to retire?

• Yes

Votes: 294 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 128 30.3%

• Total voters
I don’t want him to retire but unfortunately I think he slows the explosive part of our team down. We just don’t have the deep pass that you need. Dink & dunk doesn’t beat great teams.
Winston has me since he’s the best qb we got on the roster assuming brees is gone.

Over the past two years the Saints are:

18-8 with Brees starting (1-2 post season)
8-1 without Brees starting.

If Brees can come back for another season and play better than he has since December of 2019, then great. If not, I think the record shows CSP and a strong roster can still win a lot of games.

Over the past two years the Saints are:

18-8 with Brees starting (1-2 post season)
8-1 without Brees starting.

If Brees can come back for another season and play better than he has since December of 2019, then great. If not, I think the record shows CSP and a strong roster can still win a lot of games.

Take a deep dive into those 8 wins and it’s pretty scary. The Broncos game shouldn’t even count. With Teddy we won games where we only scored 12 and 13 points against Dallas and Jacksonville. Another game required defense and special teams touchdowns to pull out the win. Not exactly the type of games that scream super bowl contender.

I do but probably not for the same reasons as many. I have never been a fan of watching elite players play until they are a shell of themselves. I don’t know for a fact that Drew could not do it one more time but I think the chances are slim and I don’t want to see him fail again. He has been way to good to have that as part of his legend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom