Doberman Pinschers (2 Viewers)

Try gulf coast doberman rescue, I know someone who got a registered DP from them. They may be able to point you in the right direction if they don't have what you are looking for. Good luck.

I have a buddy in San Antonio that has two registered dobbies. He is going to breed them soon.

Just curious....why this breed? Ever consider the GSD breed? Just a question.

Speaking from a personal experience, Doberman are extremely loyal and are a loving member of the family, they're also pretty easy to train considering how smart they are, but they're also dangerous and can be a liability, but it's well worth it

We have a 10 week old doberman puppy - smartest puppy I've ever had. He's practically training himself. We're starting to work him for helping with SARDOG once he's older. I live in North Mississippi though so unless you would like to take a few hour drive, I'm not much help. This is my first doberman, and my wife practically begged me to get one. I can't imagine not having one now, and it's only been a couple of weeks! He's a crazy perfect dog.

Just curious....why this breed? Ever consider the GSD breed? Just a question.

Really because when i was a child my parents raised them (early 80's) and now my child is turning 6 and id like to get her a puppy. Of course i could get a number of other breeds but ive always like the look and the temperment. But oddly enough i dont seem to see where i can find breeders locally. Lafayette area even. Thanks for the response guys.

yeah dobermans dropped off tremendously in popularity because everyone viewed them as these vicious dogs that you see portrayed on TV. The majority of dobermans bred today are bred for show which hampers much of the working dog traits, which also has dropped much of the vicious traits. The fact that so many breed away from the working dog traits is another reason you've seen such a huge decline in the breed as a police/military dog. My experience with the dogs, though, are that they're all big babies unless someone threatens their family.

There is an issue with some as they get old that dementia type traits set in and they turn a little wild - but the worst dog I've ever been around with that was a Lhasa Apso man that little dog was mean as hell.

Really because when i was a child my parents raised them (early 80's) and now my child is turning 6 and id like to get her a puppy. Of course i could get a number of other breeds but ive always like the look and the temperment. But oddly enough i dont seem to see where i can find breeders locally. Lafayette area even. Thanks for the response guys.

Check the quick quarter, they have a huge section on dogs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom