Doctor Who (1 Viewer)

Also, two major plot holes:
#1 - How is the glass memory of Bill giving him a memory of Clara when Bill never met Clara nor would have the first idea who she was?
#2 - Why would the wounded German soldier be in the exact same place if the Doctor shifted the date in which he returned the Captain to normal time? The point is that time was frozen, not the people, while they were moving about. If he shifted the day in which he returned him, normal time would moved to that point. He could only return him to the spot he was if he returned him to the same spot in time. Dumb.

I know you think this is in some way applicable to the Star Wars discussion, but it isn't.

I just find your passion for incomplete Dr Who lore and loathing for plot holes mildly interesting.

I just find your passion for incomplete Dr Who lore and loathing for plot holes mildly interesting.

The difference is that Dr. Who has like 30 seasons of episodes with lore and is in a lot of ways hard sci-fi. It's not fantasy adventure and space wizards like Star Wars and it has a very developed universe and set of lore. Star Wars is and was always a shallow universe simply there to provide a place for space wizards to use laser swords. In addition, my criticism has nothing to do with the story not going the direction I wanted it to do in.

Finally, there is consensus everywhere that Moffat lost his way and was not doing a good job. Where as the vast majority like the latest Star Wars movie.

The difference is that Dr. Who has like 30 seasons of episodes with lore and is in a lot of ways hard sci-fi. It's not fantasy adventure and space wizards like Star Wars and it has a very developed universe and set of lore. Star Wars is and was always a shallow universe simply there to provide a place for space wizards to use laser swords. In addition, my criticism has nothing to do with the story not going the direction I wanted it to do in.

Excuse me but Star wars has 9 movies, about 200 episodes and a few books with lore, over a 40 years span.

And yes it looks exactly like you are criticizing the "creator" because he didn't follow through with certain character developments and created plot lines contradictory from your established world building. Which is exactly all I have done in the Star Wars thread.

Excuse me but Star wars has 9 movies, about 200 episodes and a few books with lore, over a 40 years span.

And yes it looks exactly like you are criticizing the "creator" because he didn't follow through with certain character developments and created plot lines contradictory from your established world building.

Those cartoons and books are not really part of the lore because the people who made the films had no control over them. There was no consistency between the books, the cartoons and the movies so you can't complain when the new movies don't follow the cannon you have picked. In addition, you have never stated in what way the new movie goes against cannon.

But, sure, let's bring back midicloriens and whiny Darth Vader.

Those cartoons and books are not really part of the lore because the people who made the films had no control over them. There was no consistency between the books, the cartoons and the movies so you can't complain when the new movies don't follow the cannon you have picked. In addition, you have never stated in what way the new movie goes against cannon.

But, sure, let's bring back midicloriens and whiny Darth Vader.

The cartoons are part of the lore. The old books are not.

Search feature for my issues with the lore.

And yea, midiclorians are part of the lore... so is the emo nature of the Skywalker family so I liked the prequels, too.

Anyway, I appreciate your passion for the world you love.

And yea, midiclorians are part of the lore... so is the emo nature of the Skywalker family so I liked the prequels, too.

You what? I don't think I have ever heard anyone else say that. I think I see now why you do not like the last movie.

You what? I don't think I have ever heard anyone else say that. I think I see now why you do not like the last movie.

Uh... you heard Anita say he liked the prequels about a week ago over Party Chat.

Sweet, enlighten me about my love of world building?

Uh... you heard Anita say he liked the prequels about a week ago over Party Chat.

Sweet, enlighten me about my love of world building?

You know that Anita loves all media. He probably said the prequels were TOTD. Plus, I don't pay attention to him. All I can hear is the ****** flute.

Plus, I don't pay attention to him. All I can hear is the ****** flute.

The Mod Edit Flute?

attachment.php

Can we stay on topic about our disdain for Moffat and a renewed Hope (pun intended) in Chinball? I don't want to find ourselves heading towards a discussion about Thawne's place in canon. There's only enough room for one GrandAdmiral here.

So any thoughts on the teaser? It was really brief, but it looks like we're going to get a fun Doctor this time around, as compared to Capaldi.

I'm anxious for 13. It's hard to get a whole lot from the teaser, but it does seem like things will be fun. The wait is dreadfully long, though.

Fun is desperately needed again. The latter part of Smith's run and most of Capaldi's were so full of morose naval gazing and dread that it was impossible to sit through.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom