Doctor Who (4 Viewers)

JW never had a fair shake at it really. With only a few episodes every couple of years and a first season with only 2 or 3 good episodes. Her second season was much better but it still hasn't hit the heights of Capaldi's best episodes. With production being so sporadic it just feels like they never hit their stride.

I hope her final season is absolutely epic. She deserves better than what she was given to work with. I was generally surprised by the poor writing for the doctors character even in the better episodes. It's like they still don't know who this doctor is.

The weeping angels are said to be back ....could be cool.
I still blame Stephen Moffat for destroying the show by doing everything he could to try to make The Doctor the least interesting character he could. It's no wonder those who were stuck with the disaster he left them couldn't figure out what to do with the character since Moffat had already assassinated him.

I still blame Stephen Moffat for destroying the show by doing everything he could to try to make The Doctor the least interesting character he could. It's no wonder those who were stuck with the disaster he left them couldn't figure out what to do with the character since Moffat had already assassinated him.
Totally agree

I agree. Whitaker is good in the role, but the writing for her and Capaldi has been awful. They seriously need some new blood or some good old blood to write for the show. Whitaker has had a few good episodes, but there hasn't been an overall good story arch. The Timeless Child stuff was decent, but not great in comparison to stuff like Bad Wolf and Melody Pond/River Song.

And I will never get over Moffat having Capaldi's Doctor kill with a gun to save Clara. It goes against everything The Doctor has stood for since the begninning.

I agree. Whitaker is good in the role, but the writing for her and Capaldi has been awful. They seriously need some new blood or some good old blood to write for the show. Whitaker has had a few good episodes, but there hasn't been an overall good story arch. The Timeless Child stuff was decent, but not great in comparison to stuff like Bad Wolf and Melody Pond/River Song.

And I will never get over Moffat having Capaldi's Doctor kill with a gun to save Clara. It goes against everything The Doctor has stood for since the begninning.
He was so enamored with Clara, it makes one wonder if Jenna Coleman had naked pictures of Moffat or something.

Yep, this might get me to tune in again. It's still a long way off, though.

Definetly the first thing that has piqued my interest in Who in a long while. Now the next piece of the puzzle is who takes over as The Doctor.
Yep. I only hope he doesn't take any steps backwards.

Yep. I only hope he doesn't take any steps backwards.
That seemed to be the attitude of the writer of the article announcing Davies' return. He seemed very negative about it.

But, seriously, backwards from what? From presenting the Doctor as an idiot without personality, and too stupid to be in control of situations? If that's a step backwards, I'm all for it.

My thoughts...

I'm not familiar with the selection, but acting hasn't been the problem in my opinion. If they don't fix the writing problems, it'll be more of the same hit or miss stuff we've been getting.

I stopped watching shortly into 13th's run. I'll give 14 a go once regeneration comes about.

My thoughts...

I'm not familiar with the selection, but acting hasn't been the problem in my opinion. If they don't fix the writing problems, it'll be more of the same hit or miss stuff we've been getting.

Yeah, I don't really know this actor. So, I can't really tell if he can pull off the role or not, but it's not going to matter if they don't get better writing and story lines. As I've said before, Whitaker is fine to good in the role, but the writing and story lines are just not good enough.

I was still hoping for Idris Elba to get the role, but he probably has bigger and better things to do and maybe he will get Bond before he's too old to do it.

My thoughts...

He’s very good in Sex Education
It was mostly a character role, but in the last season he had a few episodes in a lead subplot that was excellent

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom