Doctor Who (6 Viewers)

I did not watch much at all of the 13th Doctor. I gave it a try when she first started, but it just didn't click with me. I watched the first special last night and was instantly drawn back in. I imagine that there's a significant portion of the fanbase in the same situation. Looking forward to the other two specials in the next two weeks.

I did not watch much at all of the 13th Doctor. I gave it a try when she first started, but it just didn't click with me. I watched the first special last night and was instantly drawn back in. I imagine that there's a significant portion of the fanbase in the same situation. Looking forward to the other two specials in the next two weeks.
The only question now is can Davies keep folks invested once Tennant regenerates again?

We've been rewatching all the old episodes in anticipation of the special, but we're still way behind - we just got to Clara.

We also never really clicked with the 13th doctor, but we're going to give her another shot.

We've been rewatching all the old episodes in anticipation of the special, but we're still way behind - we just got to Clara.

We also never really clicked with the 13th doctor, but we're going to give her another shot.
You know Moffet truly screwed things up when folks refer to that period of Who as Clara... :biglol:

So, one more special to go (already streaming, but I'll watch later this evening) before the Christmas Special and a new Doctor, and I've been impressed with Davies' return. I was especially happy...

they got a scene in with Wilfred Mott before Bernard Cribbins died.

Excited to see Neil Patrick Harris' bad guy role and if it's better than what he did in the Matrix.

Moffet pretty much destroyed the character of The Doctor over his love of Clara. Moffet decided the Doctor isn't smart, he had him use a gun, actually kill someone with it, and so very much more that was all wrong and completely against the established lore.

And making Clara "the impossible girl" made her just unwatchable. Matt Smith was smart to jump ship when he did. I think he saw what was coming.

Also, I was excited about the first special with Tennet, but man, that was awful. I wasn't ever wild about Donna (the grandfather was a much more interesting character than her), but the problem was that the plot was excruciatingly bad. And the male bashing in the latter part of the show was especially cringy and stupid.

Ooooookkkk...

They totally lost me with the bi-generation mess. They're too afraid to let Tennant go?

Ok. I really don't know what to think about the new Doctor. However I feel sorta weird wanting to watch Millie Gibson all day.

The kids and wife went over to her parents house this afternoon….so what go I do?!? Nerd out…. Put on the Tom Baker (the best Dr btw) years and get stoned. :) Leela was such a babe. ;)

Ok. I really don't know what to think about the new Doctor. However I feel sorta weird wanting to watch Millie Gibson all day.

I have liked the episodes and I think the new guy has the essence of The Doctor with the bit of goofiness and whimsy, but the episodes kind of haven't felt like Doctor Who. Part of it may have been the two "Doctor light" episodes which didn't really allow the character to evolve. But, I do think the new guy has a lot of potential and Millie Gibson is fun to watch.

I have liked the episodes and I think the new guy has the essence of The Doctor with the bit of goofiness and whimsy, but the episodes kind of haven't felt like Doctor Who. Part of it may have been the two "Doctor light" episodes which didn't really allow the character to evolve. But, I do think the new guy has a lot of potential and Millie Gibson is fun to watch.

I haven't watched all of them, but the ones I have watched feel less science fiction and more fantasy. I've read that may be on purpose and part of the meta plot for the season but I haven't followed too closely.

I need to catch up as the third episode is the last I watch.

Kinda sucks Millie is leaving already.

I haven't watched all of them, but the ones I have watched feel less science fiction and more fantasy. I've read that may be on purpose and part of the meta plot for the season but I haven't followed too closely.

That may be it. There is a less Sci-Fi and a more fantasy feel to it.

Ok. Season finale was pretty good. I'm on board for the next one. Still sucks Millie's gone.

"Night night..."

Kinda sucks Millie is leaving already.
That’s for sure? Thought it was kind of a wild-haired rumor.

EDIT: Trying to find something more recent and definitive…but a bunch of articles like this came out in mid- to late-April:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom