Doctors in Jackson, MS cure baby of HIV (1 Viewer)

Blair E. Batson children's hospital IS one of the most respected hospitals around. Children from all over come there for treatment of all ailnesses. My daughter stayed 4 days there when she was an infant and the care and treatment she received was out of this world. I got to meet some long term patients there and you wouldn't believe the strength I came away with from those children. I hope that this is true and that something in Mississippi finally got some positive news.

It's UMMC. This is the same hospital where the first human lung transplant was performed as well as the first heart transplant.

Exactly!! And if one doesn't respect that then they have problems.

Blair E. Batson children's hospital IS one of the most respected hospitals around. Children from all over come there for treatment of all ailnesses. My daughter stayed 4 days there when she was an infant and the care and treatment she received was out of this world. I got to meet some long term patients there and you wouldn't believe the strength I came away with from those children. I hope that this is true and that something in Mississippi finally got some positive news.

The miracles of science never cease to amaze me. 2 years ago my soon was born at 27 weeks, weighing 1 lb, 12 oz and the care he received at Ochsner's NICU was stellar. In his 2 month stay I befriended a young couple who came in by Medevac from Biloxi, whose 25 week old son needed heart surgery. Crazy, right?!

I pray this story is true to give the babies a chance who start out behind the 8-ball and it can hopefully lead to bigger things.

hope it is true too. It is a shame we don't have cures for viruses... Medical research has been stagnant for far too long with nothing new as far as cures. Bandaids are not cures... get to it rnd.

Indeed, I'm surprised people still confuse the two. There is quite a bit of info out there to be had and Magic as as far as I know has yet to develop AIDS. Prevention/treatment of HIV positive people has come a long, long way.

HIV and AIDS are related, but are two different things. It is certainly possible to keep someone who is HIV positive from progressing to AIDS.

The fact that Magic was wealthy (which gives him access to the best doctors and care) and became infected in early 1990s (when we made big strides in antiretroviral regimes) have helped him from developing AIDS.

As for the news out of Mississippi -- it certainly exciting, but it's not a "cure" for AIDS. At least not yet. It suggests that very early antiretroviral treatment can "cure" infants who are born HIV+, that's all.

It's not the first "cure" identified -- back in 2007, a stem cell bone marrow transplant cured an HIV+ adult male. These are exciting cases, but still a way off from a real applicable cure or vaccine.

They may have cured a baby or in this case a 2 yr old but if you think they'll distribute a cure for adults in any kind of disease or ailment you're delusional. Why cure something when the money from treatment is 10 fold? You make more on it than just selling it off as a cure all. As money hungry as society is you can forget it. Science and research is amazing and I firmly believe they have cures out there that are not to be opened to the public for that very reason.

They may have cured a baby or in this case a 2 yr old but if you think they'll distribute a cure for adults in any kind of disease or ailment you're delusional. Why cure something when the money from treatment is 10 fold? You make more on it than just selling it off as a cure all. As money hungry as society is you can forget it. Science and research is amazing and I firmly believe they have cures out there that are not to be opened to the public for that very reason.

I wouldn't go that far, but it wouldn't shock me if something like that actually happens from time to time.

FWIW, IMO, there's plenty enough diseases to keep the medical industry alive and well that a cure for cancer wouldn't hurt them.

I wouldn't go that far, but it wouldn't shock me if something like that actually happens from time to time.

FWIW, IMO, there's plenty enough diseases to keep the medical industry alive and well that a cure for cancer wouldn't hurt them.

I don't think you can cure cancer for the simple fact that its a genetically coded disease different in ppl. The way I see it, you have one person who can smoke like a train until they die at 80+ and not have had cancer and another die of lung disease from smoking. We all have cancer cells. You cure one, and another would occur. Another thing: Why cure cancer if you could? Aren't we overpopulated at a planet already? I mean if everyone lived to be approximately 100+ yrs old, other than dying of tragedy, you couldn't spit without hitting another person. That's not exactly an enjoyable life if you're that congested with ppl. How about research on curing disabilities and disability causing diseases such MD, or paralysis, or Alzheimer's. what about drug addiction?

I mean death is inevitable. You can't cheat it. If you escaped death, it was because you simply weren't meant to die then. Two ppl with the same incident happen and one dies while another survives. There's reason behind it all.

They didnt feel that way about typhoid, small pox, od most Venerial disesaes. We'll find cures and nature will make new diseases to keep up and make companies rich.. The'll always be plenty ailments to make money off of. If a company could cure aids and/or prevent it, they'd make billions

[QUOTEI don't think you can cure cancer for the simple fact that its a genetically coded disease different in ppl. The way I see it, you have one person who can smoke like a train until they die at 80+ and not have had cancer and another die of lung disease from smoking. We all have cancer cells. You cure one, and another would occur. Another thing: Why cure cancer if you could? Aren't we overpopulated at a planet already? I mean if everyone lived to be approximately 100+ yrs old, other than dying of tragedy, you couldn't spit without hitting another person. That's not exactly an enjoyable life if you're that congested with ppl. How about research on curing disabilities and disability causing diseases such MD, or paralysis, or Alzheimer's. what about drug addiction?

I mean death is inevitable. You can't cheat it. If you escaped death, it was because you simply weren't meant to die then. Two ppl with the same incident happen and one dies while another survives. There's reason behind it all. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->][/QUOTE]

Have you ever had to watch a loved one die (slowly) from cancer? It's a horrible, horrible way to die. Your personal comfort level will just have to take a back seat while the research continues

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom