Does anybody else think the coin toss is the biggest key?? (1 Viewer)

Cjjr72984

Purple Knight
Reaction score
Seems like whenever we receive the ball first, we're able to jump on people and never look back. It'll be interesting to see if we play a team and they score first and see how this team reacts.

That's the only bad part I can see about us starting so fast in these games.

Yes and no.

I think scoring on our first possession will go along way toward winning. We don't necessarily have to be the one to touch the ball first.

I'd put money on the Dolphins not scoring on their first possession making the actual toss a non-issue. If we win the toss, score, and get one stop, you can go ahead and chalk this game up as a win. A 7-0 Saints lead with the ball back is exactly the kind of game the Dolphins can't get trapped in.

Didn't the Jets do this as well? When will they learn?
We won the toss but Wrecks had indicated he would defer.

Who is our coin toss coach? I hope he's studying game film.

The coin toss itself is not the "biggest key," but getting up on this team early is, IMO.

Crucial for them. Convenient for us.

Their best chance is to score on long drives. They WANT that flip. They NEED that flip.

Us? Meh...we'll take it if we get it. But we'll feed them their medicine sooner or later.

Yes I posted this in a couple of threads.

Saints go up 7-0 and it may be lights out already.

Miami gets the ball, runs off 8 minutes off the clock and even if they get 3, it's a major advantage to them to have kept Brees off the field for half a quarter

I think it's more important for Miami to win it than it is for us.

id be willing to bet, that if the dolphins win the toss they are NOT going to defer

I didn't realize that both the Jets and Bills had deferred, but I think I may understand why. They were both playing very good defense at the time, which is one reason, and also, if they fell behind, they would get the second half kickoff. Those weren't terrible moves for either team, as the Jets gave up 3 on our first drive, and the Bills 7, but things stalled a little bit in that game until later.

I guess it just depends. Our O will get the ball sooner or later.

i love how this week on espn shows when they looked at the saints giants game they said the "turning point" was when the saints won the toss... lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom