Saints Does anyone Else (feel different about the saints?) mod edit (1 Viewer)

Green-Ghost

Green-Ghost
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Feel different about the Saints. Don’t get me wrong, I will always be a Saints fan.

But, I have lost all my confidence. I watched my team grow since 1969. I enjoyed watching my Saints play at a high level, However, now that Brees is gone, I am worried we will go back to being, “In the pack”.

I seriously doubt we will fall to the cellar. But, can we stay at the top, now that Brees is gone. I just wanted to see how others feel. I guess I worry too much.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
To me we’ve been ‘in the pack’ for quite awhile now. Only one team lifts the Lombardi, and it hasn’t been us since the 09 season. I’m actually ok if we bomb a year or two to get a franchise QB, like 3-13, 2-14.

dvdman

All-Pro
Reaction score
But everyone said we had to move forward cause Drew can’t throw the ball 60 yards.
SMH

Feel different about the Saints. Don’t get me wrong, I will always be a Saints fan.

But, I have lost all my confidence. I watched my team grow since 1969. I enjoyed watching my Saints play at a high level, However, now that Brees is gone, I am worried we will go back to being, “In the pack”.

I seriously doubt we will fall to the cellar. But, can we stay at the top, now that Brees is gone. I just wanted to see how others feel. I guess I worry too much.

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
If im not mistaken Everett's first two seasons were probably the most prolific ones by a Saints QB at that point. I remember in 95 he got off to hot start then the next year in 96 he fell off the cliff as well as the whole team along with Mora

Last edited:

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If im not mistaken Everett's first two seasons were probably the most prolific one by a Saints QB at that point. I remember in 95 he got off to hot start then the next year in 96 he fell off the cliff as well as the whole team along with Mora
All I ever remember about Jim is his interview with Rome. That was wild.

Last edited:

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly and quite frankly I've been feeling this way for the last 3 seasons or so.

It was a great honor to have Brees play at the level he played at for so long but we all knew that eventually time was going to catch up to him and though a lot of people won't admit to it time caught up with him a couple of seasons ago.

Brees was great for a very long time but he will be the first to say that he didn't do it alone. He's had a good team and a good coaching staff and front office to work with.

As great as he was if the Saints can get good play from the QB position they'll be as good as they ever were.

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm as excited about this coming season than I have any season since I became a fan in 88. Win lose or Draw I am a saints fan, if we don't win or don't win enough games it still does not take away from the individuals players who perform great or young players who may become the staple players once the team starts to win again.

Post like these are so strange to me because it just sounds like people are truly fans of this team they are bandwagon fans who rooted for them because they won and its easy to get behind a winner but if the team falls back to the "same ole saints" era people will be jumping off the bandwagon where I WILL be still rooting for this team because this is MY Team.
I think it’s totally opposite, us old timers who’ve been following the saints since the 70s or longer have seen both sides of the saints, as a fan starting 88 you have really never seen the bad years, the Mora years were good respectable teams, the front office and coaching were on par with what we had now, we were missing a hall of fame qb. We don’t want to regress back to the old saints where we went through coaches and QBs like the bengles and browns. It’s going to be a rough couple of years and we will have growing pains. We don’t have a starting QB that can carry this team and our D will take a step or 2 back with the loss of players and age creeping in.
Also what people don’t realize is our O line has been pretty good but 9 made them great with his calls and ability to read the D and move in the pocket. People don’t realize how important of a leader that Brees was on the field, in the locker room and in the community. We don’t have a face anymore and it’s frightening as a fan and sad in a way. It feels different to me also because I don’t have it in me to go back to a Browns type team. Brady showed everyone that BB was a good coach but Brady made them an elite team.

Leadership at the QB position puts teams over the top. We better draft that leader.

Gumbo's Dad

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Saints will likely have a year or two of average pack to the pack seasons (8-9 or 9-8). This due to a combination of kicking the can down the road, a lowering of the cap from Covid, and not having a sure starter to replace Brees. Taysom is a great general purpose player in various roles but not a franchise caliber QB in my opinion. Winston might be but I haven't seen that from him yet though if Payton wants to give him a shot this year then I am o.k. with it to see what he can do in with Payton for a year. I just have questions about his maturity and ability to be the leader of the team.
I agree with this. We will be down a couple of years until we have a franchise qb again. Jameis might surprise us. Still, there are other starters lost due to salary cap issues, and it will take a draft or two to get back in the hunt I think.

Reaction score

You're worrying too much. Sure we have all been spoiled by 1st ballot Hall of Fame qb play for the past 15 seasons but have just a little faith in Sean and Mickey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)