Saints Does anyone Else (feel different about the saints?) mod edit (1 Viewer)

Green-Ghost

Green-Ghost
Reaction score
Feel different about the Saints. Don’t get me wrong, I will always be a Saints fan.

But, I have lost all my confidence. I watched my team grow since 1969. I enjoyed watching my Saints play at a high level, However, now that Brees is gone, I am worried we will go back to being, “In the pack”.

I seriously doubt we will fall to the cellar. But, can we stay at the top, now that Brees is gone. I just wanted to see how others feel. I guess I worry too much.

The Saints will likely have a year or two of average pack to the pack seasons (8-9 or 9-8). This due to a combination of kicking the can down the road, a lowering of the cap from Covid, and not having a sure starter to replace Brees. Taysom is a great general purpose player in various roles but not a franchise caliber QB in my opinion. Winston might be but I haven't seen that from him yet though if Payton wants to give him a shot this year then I am o.k. with it to see what he can do in with Payton for a year. I just have questions about his maturity and ability to be the leader of the team.

I'm actually excited to see what happens next. I have no expectations so if we fall back, I'll understand completely. If we do well, I'll be happy and pleasantly surprised.

It will be a nice break on my nerves after the past couple of years because we were loaded and every loss and injury and ref blunder and Jared Cook fumble destroyed me.

I look at it this way with the Saints this year. The floor is lower but the cieling is now higher.

If Winston or Hill develop nicely, this will offense will have the potential to be explosive. The key to making sure the offense will be prolific though is low turnover rate and be able to chew up clock with plodding 5-8 yard pass plays.

That is what made Drew so special, he could kill an opponent slowly by repeatedly completing 3-5 yard passes in tough traffic and tight windows. Eventually those plays would gas an opposing defense, cause they had to repeatedly chase and tackle. I dont think any QB ever has been so good at that. If Winston or Taysom can do that 75 percent effectively as Drew, this offense can move and do what it wants at will.

Last edited:
It is a news era. It is normal to feel this way. Keep in mind we did had some average years with Brees behind center. But if we can continue to develop players, we can build a good team. Everything else will work itself out.

I honestly don't now how to feel about this coming year, Brees was even our leader in the pre game huddle, I don't know who that is now ?

A Cam that regressed last year ?. . .I would vote Demario ? I don't think Alvin or MT are that guy, I don't see either Taysom or Winston playing a starters role, more a battle from week to week.

Who did I miss ? . . yeah I am a bit concerned and not real excited about it. Hopefully we are surprised.

We were "in the pack" every year after our 1st Superbowl win. There is only one lone wolf and that is the winner of the Superbowl.

As long as you have SP and our FO, you will always be competitive when SP and Mickey move on, then you go bottom of the pack.
Then it becomes about ownership. If that top-tier GM or coach is available, they will look at ownership and ask if they'll be given the leeway and the tools they need to succeed. I think the Saints are fine in that area as well

I am concerned.

We still have Payton, and he will always be in the Top-5. But Goodell hates Payton (egos) and the Refs hate Payton (Refgate) so there may be a ceiling in the post-season.

We lost Brees but he was limited over the past three years. More importantly, we lost several role players due to the salary cap, which will remain a problem for us.

The Saints will still be exciting, but we will be lucky to simply five-peat as NCFS champs. It is hard to see more than that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom