Does anyone have a GIF or something of the penalty on 4th down? (1 Viewer)

Lol the ref that didnt throw the flag was staring at the play the entire time. The flag came from the endzone guy who couldnt of saw that as well as the ref in the frame.

the dude leaped back to catch an uncatchable ball, stupid refs

but to be honest though, we benefited from a call like that on a particular game against the Vikings in 2009. actually the ball was further overthrown.

There's a huge difference between a ball down the field and an out route.

On a ball down the field, when there's earlier contact, you have less of a sense if the guy (whether that guy, or some theoretical optimal receiver standard) could have gotten to the ball. Maybe, maybe not, so if you make the call, you need to be sure it's not catchable; for instance, if it's a curl route and the WR is coming back to the ball and it sails six feet over his head. When the WR is going in the same direction as the ball, and there's early contact, it's a lot harder to determine (without replay, of course) if the ball might have been caught.

On an out route at the sideline, you tell immediately when the ball lands that far out of bounds (the yellow photographer hash line) that no NFL player could have caught that ball with two feet in bounds. None. Even if he could have gotten to the ball, there was no way it was going to be a legal catch. The ref threw the flag right on the contact (which, honestly, was contact but not a hog-tying) and there was no real consideration whatsoever on whether the ball was catchable.

And somebody mentioned "the NBA or wrasslin" above -- I will take NBA officials over NFL all day -- it's just as hard to call from a judgment perspective, but if there's one understood and accepted code, it's that the refs are just not going to bail out an offensive player in a close game.

We have won a lot since 2006. We have forgot what it is like when we aren't the darling team facing the "new favorite team the media wants us to cheer for". We get a terrible announcing team, followed by little coverage. Ironic that the Vegas odds had us +1

Delrio, who has been terrible everywhere, is now championed as so smart. Raiders probably have a prime time game soon or something. Nfl has to promote their product.

I have seen more PI, PF, etc that weren't called in the prime time games that our game looks embarrassing that they did call it.

that pass in the NFCCG was thrown 20 yards over the head of our tight end. to me that is an uncatchable ball regardless if his foot was stepped on. let's not be those people who think the rules only apply when we are on offense.

So... you're saying if that call wasn't made, we still would've lost even though we had the ball and less than a minute left in the game?

I'm saying if the defense hadn't allowed a 75 yard rushing TD and then proceeded to keep getting carved up, one questionable call here or there wouldn't matter. Even after that 4th down call was made, the defense had ample opportunity to win the game. All they had to do was not give up a TD and a 2 point conversion. Defense got zero sacks, zero turnovers, and got demolished in the 4th quarter. We have no business expecting to win games with that type of performance.

The receiver's foot was stepped on, thus pass interference. If you watch that video with that in mind and read the rule, it was called properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

But they said he was "pushed" out of bounds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom