Does anyone have a GIF or something of the penalty on 4th down? (1 Viewer)

He did not touch the reciever. Also the penalty before that was in my opinion a bad call. The corner barely touched the receivers jersey and got a flag. He did not hamper the reception at all. We did not loose that game, poor officiating.

He did not touch the reciever. Also the penalty before that was in my opinion a bad call. The corner barely touched the receivers jersey and got a flag. He did not hamper the reception at all. We did not loose that game, poor officiating.

It was a ticky tack call but it as that didn't affect the receiver whatsoever but grabbing the jersey almost always gets called if the officials see it. It's just one of those things you don't do.

On the PI after, I think it was a trash call as I don't think there is any possible way maybe 5'8" #30 catches that ball and finds a way to stay in bounds, however I was pretty **** sure it was coming when Robertson didn't get his head around. That being said, it was late as well IIRC, which is always infuriating.

the receiver was already out of bounds when the ball reached him. This should have been no call and ball game for the Saints. Again, we see how 1 bad call can change an entire ball game. It should not have come to that, but it did and we lost.

Awful call, but the LB needed to look for the ball. I had on DVR, and watched a couple times. It didn't look like the QB was even trying to complete the pass. Receiver and ball out of bounds at the time the play was made.

One bad call didn't end our fate. Our defense had several opportunities to stop them. If they stopped the 2pt conversion, we could have won. Defense needs to do better. We were up 27-13 before Oakland came back. You can't blame the refs for Oakland scoring 22 points in the 4th quarter.

There are still 15 games left. If the defense doesn't get better after a couple more, we might as well fire every coach on defense because this is getting pathetic. A top 20 defense could have easily helped us win that game.

Yes 1:42 is the frame:

He *is* contacting the back [people saying "he didn't touch him" are wrong] and it's past 5 yards. You can see the LOS.

Ticky-Tack but he did contact him past 5 yards and didn't turn his head. SO close to a W there.

The defender just need to turn his head. It appeared to be uncatchable, but you really eliminate any chance of a call if yiou turn your head as a defender.

No need to turn your head when you don't make contact with the defender until he is on the white and clearly out of bounds. Perfectly played defense, terrible call. Definitely changed the out come!

However, we should have never been in that spot. If our red zone offense hadn't been crap (especially redzone play calling), and our D wouldn't have fell to crap after losing one player during the game.

That WAS the play of the game. No flag, we win.

Since when is covering your man (and not touching him) a flag?

I've seen my share of bad calls, but that one has to be one of the worst. It's calls like that, that really make you wonder about refs and Vegas.

Weren't the raiders +1?

The replay at the Dome appeared to show the receiver leave his feet after he was already on the white (out of bounds). At that point, the ball is uncatchable and play should have been over. The contact from Robertson appeared to be slight, but was also at the same time the ball touched the hand of the receiver (who, like I said was out of bounds anyway). It was clear that that the ref was either talked into the call or felt that it was close enough that he wanted the game to continue as the flag was terribly late.

a play that was huge that I don't think is getting enough attention is the 2nd & 9 w/ 2:38 left in the game.

We finally get some pressure and force Carr to roll out and he just lofts the ball up to Crabtree. Crawley fails to make a relatively easy play on the ball, plus misses the tackle and allows about a 12-14 yard game.

Crawley was horrendous.

I thought the same... But the Saints were +1.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha, I couldn't remember. I personally don't think there is a big conspiracy, but calls like that definitely give fuel to the fire.

Without Breaux and Lewis, the secondary is a recurring nightmare. The PI on 4th down was a bad call b/c the ball was too far out of bounds to be caught, but it didn't help that Robertson was holding his hands up for several seconds after the play as if to say, "I didn't tough him." That just makes a player look guilty, and I've seen the flag come out many times in that instance.

Yes 1:42 is the frame:

He *is* contacting the back [people saying "he didn't touch him" are wrong] and it's past 5 yards. You can see the LOS.

Ticky-Tack but he did contact him past 5 yards and didn't turn his head. SO close to a W there.

The receiver leaped, while out of bounds, and the ball still sailed over him.

It was clearly uncatchable. Not just clearly but not even close to being catchable. It wasn't a penalty.

The receiver leaped, while out of bounds, and the ball still sailed over him.

It was clearly uncatchable. Not just clearly but not even close to being catchable. It wasn't a penalty.

Well, it was "in his area".

But this crew was flag-happy, and we got a ton of calls. You can't be surprised when they ticky-tack you too.

Once he bumped him beyond 5, and the ball was "close", here comes the flag.

Shame because he played it nearly perfectly.

We lost the game because of we returned to the past few year's defense in the 4th qtr. And a returner who didn't do his job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom