Does anyone have a GIF or something of the penalty on 4th down? (1 Viewer)

While I hated a lot of the calls, I'd rather us just not be in that position to begin with.

The ball was very catchable if the receiver could stand 3 yards out of bounds. Robertson was almost out of bounds when the ball reached the receiver. That was just a bad call.

While I hated a lot of the calls, I'd rather us just not be in that position to begin with.

It was a bad call. There were a number of bad calls that went both ways but that one was the most critical by far.

But you're right, the game shouldn't be close enough where we can let a bad call determine the outcome of the game.

I've seen my share of bad calls, but that one has to be one of the worst. It's calls like that, that really make you wonder about refs and Vegas.

Weren't the raiders +1?

Yes. There was 2 bad calls to extend the Raiders last drive. The 3rd and 5 uncatchable pass and the 4th and 5 where Craig didnt turn around but the WR was out of bounds. When I saw the 3rd and 5 I knew we were toast. We were up by 7. The Raiders had to score. There was no way we were going to win by 7.

I said before the season started that Oakland was the play and I sprinkled some money on the Saints like an idiot. I said Garrapola would be ready to play in Arizona and still played Arizona like an idiot. When they announced the bit about 9/11 before that game I knew my bet was screwed. I still made good this week but if I bet like I knew the games would turn out I would be up a bundle.

I dont wonder about Vegas and the refs. Its entertainment. The outcomes only mean something to those that are gambling. The fans in the seats are just spectators of an event. Storylines and Vegas drives the NFL. Its what leads to "parity" and "Any given Sunday". Its make believe. The fix was in and we all saw it.

No need to turn your head when you don't make contact with the defender until he is on the white and clearly out of bounds. Perfectly played defense, terrible call. Definitely changed the out come!

However, we should have never been in that spot. If our red zone offense hadn't been crap (especially redzone play calling), and our D wouldn't have fell to crap after losing one player during the game.

Yeah what was that ridiculous option play on 3rd down. And once again, the RB they traded back into the first round to get disappears .. with the OL playing pretty well and Ingram running the ball well.

I've seen my share of bad calls, but that one has to be one of the worst. It's calls like that, that really make you wonder about refs and Vegas.

Weren't the raiders +1?

Last line I saw yesterday morning had the Saints -2, so Raiders +2. Most of the week it was at Saints -1 though (when I looked at it on Tuesday and Friday).

One bad call didn't end our fate. Our defense had several opportunities to stop them. If they stopped the 2pt conversion, we could have won. Defense needs to do better. We were up 27-13 before Oakland came back. You can't blame the refs for Oakland scoring 22 points in the 4th quarter.

There are still 15 games left. If the defense doesn't get better after a couple more, we might as well fire every coach on defense because this is getting pathetic. A top 20 defense could have easily helped us win that game.

On a play that SHOULD have been the deciding factor, yes, it did make a difference. It's not easy just to forget about it a move on in the moment. It doesn't matter how many opportunities you get to win the game. What matters is that you take advantage of it when you get it. The defense had their chance and they finally came through, only to have it ripped away by a horrible call. The refs affected the game.

Agreed. I actually thought about this during the game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so did many.

Vegas didnt know Del Rio would go for 2 there, but the fact remains that on 4th and 4, the Raiders were gifted 4 more attempts to score.

Conversely, i watch games where refs THROW a flag, have a conference, and low and behold, what he saw isnt really what he saw. How is that?

Yet at home, we get no conference at all where the discussion should have been about is it catchable or not.

Its no longer coincidence. Its not. The ball was 2 yds over his head and that was when he was 1 yd OOB. In the field of play its 3 yds.

Its disheartening to see us repeatedly get non-calls and bad calls against us.

We got plenty of ticky tack calls in our favor earlier in the game. I thought the call on Robertson was terrible, and I don't mind calling out referees, but I can't get past the fact that we seem to be stuck in the same place defensively that we've been in the past 2 years. It's agonizing to see the offense put up 34 points and over 500 yards of offense at home and still lose. Was it a bad call? YES. Is that the reason we lost? **** NO.

Well, it was "in his area".

But this crew was flag-happy, and we got a ton of calls. You can't be surprised when they ticky-tack you too.

Once he bumped him beyond 5, and the ball was "close", here comes the flag.

Shame because he played it nearly perfectly.

We lost the game because of we returned to the past few year's defense in the 4th qtr. And a returner who didn't do his job.

I'm over it and I won't belabor the point past this, but "in his area" is irrelevant if the ball is sailed out of bounds.

A non-catchable ball can not be PI.

We got screwed and it was a game-deciding bad call. It's ok to admit it while still saying we should of played better in other spots to overcome it.

The NFL should get rid of the "uncatchable" part of the PI rule. I can't remember the last time it was actually properly called.

Might as well just match the rule to the reality on the field, which is that a ball can be in the dirt or 5 feet out of bounds and they will still throw a flag for PI (or, if they want to change it up, 'defensive holding' or 'illegal contact').

Just get rid of it, so that the ticky tack BS actually makes some sense relative to the written rule.

We got plenty of ticky tack calls in our favor earlier in the game. I thought the call on Robertson was terrible, and I don't mind calling out referees, but I can't get past the fact that we seem to be stuck in the same place defensively that we've been in the past 2 years. It's agonizing to see the offense put up 34 points and over 500 yards of offense at home and still lose. Was it a bad call? YES. Is that the reason we lost? **** NO.

Exactly. The defense collapsed in the 2nd half. They didn't play well enough to win, that's why we lost.

The defender just need to turn his head. It appeared to be uncatchable, but you really eliminate any chance of a call if yiou turn your head as a defender.

This x1000. Really baffling as to why a veteran LB who is supposed to be a great coverage defender wouldn't turn his head. I can't tell if it was a bad call or not because the only TV angle I saw didn't give the proper perspective to show any physical contact. If he had just turned his head, this very well could/should have been a non-call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom