Does anyone have a GIF or something of the penalty on 4th down? (1 Viewer)

steno2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
That sure did not look like pass interference to me. I didn't get a very good angle tho, they showed like 1 quick replay... Also was that ball even catch-able?? It seemed way too high...

That was the game! I'm not sure if it truly was a penalty cause the camera angle and the replays sucked. That ball to me just sailed out of bounds!

maybe a video or a picture? anybody? i tried looking at some highlights but they don't show the play.

They aren't going to. Kind of spoils the narrative of the young upstart team pulling out a brave victory.

You'd have better luck grabbing the footage from a torrent if one becomes available.

Was the flag stuck in the ref's pocket? Because it took a LONG time to come out :rant:

That WAS the play of the game. No flag, we win.

Since when is covering your man (and not touching him) a flag?

Yea for real!! We deserve a replay for that call!! That was a huge call, totally changed the game obviously...

jimruns.gif

Go Blue!

College refs are horrible as well. I was watching the BYU vs Utah game last night and the ref threw 2 BYU players out for targeting. Mike Perraira was on tv saying that neither should be considered targeting, but low and behold, the refs not only threw them out, but assessed flags on BYU's coach for storming onto the field to argue the calls.

I could care less about the BYU vs Utah game, but yeah, we got screwed.

The defender just need to turn his head. It appeared to be uncatchable, but you really eliminate any chance of a call if yiou turn your head as a defender.

https://youtu.be/HT001WicDtk?t=1m39s

You would think there would be at least one sideline angle out there, but I can't seem to find one. (hmm wonder why?)

From this angle, it's hard to tell if Craig Robertson even makes contact with the receiver at all. It almost looks like the receiver is falling out of bounds.

The defender just need to turn his head. It appeared to be uncatchable, but you really eliminate any chance of a call if yiou turn your head as a defender.

That's what I saw, too. If #52 even tries to turn around to locate the ball, might've been a different call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom